Hello

Topic: Getting a load off my mind first thing in the morning...  (Read 189 times)

• View Profile
Getting a load off my mind first thing in the morning...
« on: August 01, 2019, 12:52:04 AM »
Forgive the pun...I would like to find a way to have a evacuate the first thing in the morning (around 6 a.m.) by drinking/eating something before I go to bed (around 10 p.m.)  Any suggestions? 

• View Profile
Re: Getting a load off my mind first thing in the morning...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 07:34:01 AM »
Triphala at bedtime, assuming you have an empty stomach.

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Re: Getting a load off my mind first thing in the morning...
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 09:54:43 AM »
Triphala is a great suggestion. It is very safe and healthy to use.

There are probably many people who have dehydrated colons where bowel herbs might not be enough to get the job done.

The three biggest barriers to regularity in the morning:

1.  Dehydrated colon due to lifestyle choices

2.  Low thyroid function...  This is the toughest one.  When thyroid problems become very problematic, it can be nearly impossible to deal with some of the symptoms.

3.  Drug use.  Even common OTC drugs can inhibit bowel function.  Some of them actually effect peristalsis, while others simply result in dehydration.  Plus, the more "powders" a person takes, the more fluids are needed to keep the body hydrated.

Finding out why the issue exists can help, but meanwhile, there are options.

Another option is...first thing in the morning...  drinking sodium bicarbontae water to flush the bowels.  This is actually healthy, although I would consider it alternative medicine rather than natural medicine.  It can be tricky to find the right dose.  Two little will result in no change to bowel function.  Too much will result in loose stools.

The problem here is that it can take a few hours.  The benefit though is that it quickly knocks down fungal population counts in the digestive tract.

So, if you are using herbs the night before, and it doesn't do the trick first thing in the morning, you can do a flush which is like hitting the reset button for you to adjust water intake, increase or change bowel herbs, etc. for the next day.

Lastly, keep in mind that bowel stimulating herbs tend to be habit forming, since they are dealing with symptoms rather than problems.  There are scores of people around the world that use bowel stimulating herbs for the rest of their lives to maintain regularity.  There's nothing "wrong" with this; the benefits can easily out way the dependency issue by far. 

That said, the "hard way" is to figure out why the body is having a digestive issue, and fixing that! :)  It is completely natural for the body to evacuate the bowels once to three times daily every day, and in an effortless way.
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u