Hello

Topic: Iodine  (Read 2073 times)

• View Profile
Iodine
« on: September 24, 2019, 06:54:51 PM »
Hopefully this is the right area to post this...   ;D     I got an article today from Dr. Christianson about iodine.  He talks about taking too little, too much and never buy a vitamin with it. As more supplements are being tested, they either have nothing or too much of what it says on the label.  I was diagnosed with Hashi and Graves a long time ago.  I take desiccated thyroid which supposedly has some iodine in it.  I have tried a few types of iodine over the years... lugols, nascent, etc.  Not sure I noticed any difference but as I get into senior years, wonder if I should amp it up a bit?   

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Re: Iodine
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 10:02:25 PM »
...iodine is extremely important.   Most people are very deficient.

That said, things like Lugol's and Nascent iodine, which both force iodine absorption, can be quite toxic for some people.

I myself couldn't tolerate either.  I would literally start to lose my voice.

Researching deeper, I found a patented product called "Iosol", which is derived from kelp.  It will not force absorption, which also means that it cannot be directly used in actual iodine therapy.

What I did, was use this product for close to nine months, and then switched to Lugol's for about six months.  After that, I now mostly just supplement with kelp, although I probably do direct iodine supplementation a month or two out of the year.

I recommend checking out the reviews of Iosol on I-herb:

https://www.iherb.com/pr/tpcs-iosol-formula-ii-1-fl-oz-30-ml/4785

Iosol can safely be used long term as a supplement and/or to slowly restore iodine levels in the body.  But again, it won't be an effective substitute in any thyroid/iodine detox program, which does things like pull halogens/bromine out of the thyroid itself (which may or may not be a good idea, depending!).
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 03:59:17 PM »
Thanks Jason, I think I've tried Iosol but its been a while, feel the need to start again.  I like IHerb, have ordered many times from them. Finding the right supps is such a trial and error situation, esp. with chronic illness. 

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 05:10:10 AM »
I was recommended by a doctor with iodine because I needed it in my test results. After the course, I felt much better, and I felt better in general.

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 10:05:56 AM »
I'm glad that you feel better.  Iodine is the missing link for so many people.

And it is so much better to get the thyroid and endocrine system functioning well BEFORE the adrenals crash!  Once that happens, it can easily take six or nine months to get the metabolism back to a good place!
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u