Hello

Topic: Iodine  (Read 1161 times)

• View Profile
Iodine
« on: September 24, 2019, 06:54:51 PM »
Hopefully this is the right area to post this...   ;D     I got an article today from Dr. Christianson about iodine.  He talks about taking too little, too much and never buy a vitamin with it. As more supplements are being tested, they either have nothing or too much of what it says on the label.  I was diagnosed with Hashi and Graves a long time ago.  I take desiccated thyroid which supposedly has some iodine in it.  I have tried a few types of iodine over the years... lugols, nascent, etc.  Not sure I noticed any difference but as I get into senior years, wonder if I should amp it up a bit?   

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Re: Iodine
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 10:02:25 PM »
...iodine is extremely important.   Most people are very deficient.

That said, things like Lugol's and Nascent iodine, which both force iodine absorption, can be quite toxic for some people.

I myself couldn't tolerate either.  I would literally start to lose my voice.

Researching deeper, I found a patented product called "Iosol", which is derived from kelp.  It will not force absorption, which also means that it cannot be directly used in actual iodine therapy.

What I did, was use this product for close to nine months, and then switched to Lugol's for about six months.  After that, I now mostly just supplement with kelp, although I probably do direct iodine supplementation a month or two out of the year.

I recommend checking out the reviews of Iosol on I-herb:

https://www.iherb.com/pr/tpcs-iosol-formula-ii-1-fl-oz-30-ml/4785

Iosol can safely be used long term as a supplement and/or to slowly restore iodine levels in the body.  But again, it won't be an effective substitute in any thyroid/iodine detox program, which does things like pull halogens/bromine out of the thyroid itself (which may or may not be a good idea, depending!).
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u

• View Profile
Re: Iodine
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 03:59:17 PM »
Thanks Jason, I think I've tried Iosol but its been a while, feel the need to start again.  I like IHerb, have ordered many times from them. Finding the right supps is such a trial and error situation, esp. with chronic illness.