Hello

Topic: Stubbed Little Toe - Bruised Bone  (Read 240 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Stubbed Little Toe - Bruised Bone
« on: February 09, 2019, 01:49:43 PM »
Late last night, I had the pleasure of stubbing my big toe when sneaking a look out of a window having heard a strong noise.

Well, nothing strange outside, but the next morning I couldn't put pressure on my left foot.  A waited an hour or so to see if the pain would subside.  It did not.

Perfect situation to treat with DMSO and then clay.  DMSO can reduce inflammation and swelling, thus speed healing.   It is also a very powerful solvent and transdermal carrier; it will carry substances with it through the skin.  This means that due caution should be applied when using it.  The area must be completely clean, and don't combine DMSO with anything that you wouldn't want injected into the bloodstream!  DMSO is also a  strong irritant, so it must be diluted prior to use.  The concentration to use depends upon the situation.  I tend to react to DMSO, so I simply use a 20% solution, diluted down with colloidal silver.

Having waited about 20-30 minutes for the treatment site to dry from the DMSO application, the area is cleaned once again.

Next, it is time to apply clay.  For these types of injuries, if you want the best healing affect, clay needs to be used THICK.  Our green desert clay is perfect.  I applied clay about 2 inches thick to the top, front, and bottom of the toe.

I gently wrapped the foot with a clean cloth, and then secured it with an ace bandage.

Since this is a toe, I'll leave the clay on for about four hours before taking it off (and possibly doing another treatment).

For more information on clay packs, visit Eyton's Earth:

Clay Packs, Clay Poultices, Clay Cataplasms

When an area is bruised badly, it usually takes about a day to see some good progress; the body needs the cleansing and healing of sleep, so a clay pack can be done twice during the day, and then put on overnight.

For an overnight treatment, you can cover the appendage with plastic wrap OVER the clean cloth dressing.  This will prevent it from drying out.  It will also prevent it from breathing as much as it could without the plastic.

Please note that there are conditions where one would only want to do 20 minute treatments to start.  When placing clay over organ areas or even clogged lymphs, a bit more caution should be used!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 12:25:06 PM by Jason »
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u

Re: Stubbed Little Toe - Bruised Bone
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 02:02:49 PM »
Would love to see pictures of the wrapping. I use clay often for overnight applications but do not always have good bandaging techniques...: )
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 12:25:30 PM by Jason »

• View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 02:11:28 PM »
LOL - I specifically did NOT take pictures of the wrapping because I'm using an ace bandage that looks like it belongs in an episode of the Walking Dead.  The dressing/cloth is great, but I would not win an award for the wrapping, either!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 12:25:42 PM by Jason »
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 02:16:33 PM »
....maybe when I wrap it again I'll take more time!  Probably not, but just maybe. :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 12:25:52 PM by Jason »
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 02:33:15 PM »
Now I don't feel so bad with my ghetto wraps. LoL
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 12:26:03 PM by Jason »

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 04:09:12 PM »
Agreed --Clay is perfect for such things.

I also like to first apply San Huang San! 3 yellow powder for about 30 minutes.... SHS is an herbal formula often used in martial arts for injuries....(used instead of ice to prevent swelling).
A little jow for pain, ( I use Dit Da Jow ), and then clay pack until everything is well on it's way to healing.

I have broken fingers and toes so many times and it always works.

In TCM we do not use ice, ever (for bruises, swelling and injury).  SHS and clay...  Oh my, the perfect combination for healing.

Jows are just topical natural (herbal) analgesics.  They get better and better with age. The name before the word jow, is the family lineage or recipe.
My jow is 3 years old and just last year became the most effective, amazing topical pain killer. You can be in agony and within seconds the jow will numb it completely.

Adding clay after the jow is absorbed is like heaven!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 12:26:14 PM by Jason »

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 10:58:32 AM »
Update:

It's been awhile since I've had to use clay on myself to treat an actual injury!

True to my very nature, the single clay pack was so effective (I used it about 2 inches thick) that I got lazy and only did the one.

Before the first treatment, I couldn't touch my left little toe. I only poked and prodded it once to make sure that it was not broken.

After the first four hour treatment, I could walk on the foot, but I couldn't put the foot into shoes.

The next morning I could wear shoes and walk fine.

This morning it is back to normal.

I remember doing the same thing as a kid, and it was a two week ordeal.

Gotta love the clay!

Please keep in mind (I ran into this two days ago):

If you are using clay, and it doesn't completely remove the pain, you are not using enough clay.

Clays like our green desert clay are DIFFERENT then clays like illite.

They form a very subtle but very strong electromagnetic field that can NEUTRALIZE pain, even as deep as "down to the bone".

Sometimes, clay can be used like a salve. French green illite--The Grapler-- is the most excellent contact clay I've ever used. You don't have to use it thick.

French illite, and others like it (like Canadian marine clay) are sea clays. They share the healing properties of the sea, but they are involutionary clays and not evolutionary.

Their energy and mineral profile are completely different!

I've been corresponding with a person using clay to treat a buruli ulcer. The illite works great to clean and debride the wound, better than our green desert clay.

However, it actually causes pain as it rips at the tissue. The green desert clay removes the pain and discomfort completely!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 12:26:25 PM by Jason »
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 01:50:40 PM »

Here is an example of how a clay pack SHOULD be done, and a picture of the one I did for this treatment that looks like it came out of an episode of the Walking Dead.  It doesn't have to be pretty to work, though!

The rules of thumb:  Don't over-compress the clay, and when possible, allow the dressing to breath.  Clay for this type of treatment (each type of treatment is a bit different) can be left on for about four hours, although it is better to change out at the two hour mark.
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 04:30:44 PM »
I haven't used DMSO for a long time although recommended it recently to someone with a swollen knee.  Back in the late 70's, we occasionally used it on the horses legs. Washed the leg well, applied DMSO with a clean paintbrush. Pretty potent stuff as if you got it on your hand, you could taste it within a few seconds. I would have not thought to dilute it with CS, good share. Time to get a bottle for just in case scenario.