Hello

Topic: Infections from Animal, Insect, or Bug Bites || Infected Wounds & Healing Clay  (Read 1865 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
On the "core" Eytons Earth' website, I think that there is plenty of great and accurate information on how to use external clay poultices to deal with a wide range of external wounds and infections.

However, since I have now seen this about a half dozen times first hand, I wanted to share about an "exception" to the general rule of using clay externally.

Hydrated clay gel should be placed directly on the body, and thick... at least 3/4 of inch thick, and even more is ok if the clay is a bentonite/montmorillonite/smectite (using more if using something illite won't make a real difference).  It should be placed on the body immediately after the insult.  Seconds actually do count, although there is no reason to panic if you wait awhile.

However, and this is especially true with puncture wounds, don't wait too long.  One of clays primary methods of action is that it pulls toxins directly out of the tissue.  This includes debris, undesirable foreign elements that are currently immuno-reactive (something that the body recognizes as a foreign agent or can be mobilized via the lymph system).  It also includes things like bacteria.  Some bacteria clay kills, some it inhibits, some it starves, and some it simply pulls right out along with toxins.

The problem here comes when a person waits too long for application.  If the infection starts to spread into otherwise healthy tissue (or the blood stream), eventually the clay won't have enough pulling power to pull it through the insult/wound area.  Sometimes, this doesn't matter, the clay works anyway.  However, other times, a clay poultice will work great on the wound/infection site, but won't stop the spread of the infection inward.

In this situation, a person will be able to see the redness and/or swelling getting farther and farther away from the site of the insult.   In this situation, antimicrobial herbs are a great idea, but -- and this still amazes me-- what WILL work is clay baths.

I still have no MOA as to why a clay bath will work in a situation where a poultice does not.   Usually, it is the exact opposite.  Usually, a poultice is more powerful locally, and clay baths tend to work systemically.

So, it's a great idea to hit the clay as soon as possible.  But, we are all human.  Sometimes we think something doesn't need any attention, but when we wake up the next morning, it's clear that something needs to be done.  The best idea is to apply a clay poultice, take a nice clay bath (who doesn't love and great hot clay bath, anyway!), and then apply another one.

If extremities are involved, clay can usually be used for as long as a person desires.  If the insult is near an organ area, then caution should be employed.  Clay poultices can act very powerful when placed near organs, and it can cause severe fatigue and even -- on the rare occasion -- mild shock.   As always, learn to listen carefully to the body!
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Exploration:  Meditation Program

• View Profile
Always a good reminder, thanks Jason.