Hello

Topic: Glycine  (Read 363 times)

• View Profile
Glycine
« on: December 13, 2019, 02:29:37 PM »
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone is using glycine as a substitute for sweetener in drinks?  Is it safe to use daily?  I want to substitute stevia in my coffee/tea.  Thanks

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Re: Glycine
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 04:54:35 PM »
...wow, I didn't know that glycine could be used as a sweetener.  Why not?

Or, why not even a bit of D-Ribose and glycine?  I don't think that D-Ribose is sweet enough to actually use as a sweetner, but it is very advantageous to supplement with it.

Myself, I do not use a lot of sugar or sweetener.  I drink one cup of rocket fuel coffee in the morning, and I use about 1 tsp. of xylitol.  Xylitol is one of those things (an alcohol, actually) that works excellent in small doses, but very poorly in larger doses.

I used to drink 3 cups of coffee daily, and so I used to use 3 tsp. daily, and had no problems.
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Exploration:  Meditation Program

• View Profile
Re: Glycine
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 05:28:44 PM »
I only use sweetener in morning coffee. I have xylitol but have to be very careful as I have a dog, not even a tiny bit can be ingested. The drop or two of stevia offsets the collagen and MCT powder. I researched glycine and its part of the makeup of collagen but collagen is not sweet. I use the Dr within brand. I suppose a little glycine a day can't hurt.