Hello

Topic: Diatomaceous Earth  (Read 241 times)

• View Profile
Diatomaceous Earth
« on: January 11, 2020, 10:09:09 PM »
Hi Jason,
I was hoping you could write about Diatomaceous Earth. While I can find plenty of articles ranging from how great it is to you are crazy to ingest this, I cannot find any studies. Would love to understand its function & how it's different from clay & zeolite.

Thanks!

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Re: Diatomaceous Earth
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 10:59:04 AM »
Hi Romy:

I have no issues with DE.  Those who fear-monger about using it do so because they imagine a bunch of things that simply are not true.  If, for example, they understood the nature of tissue membranes they wouldn't worry so much.

Here is a link to one study (good science) that demonstrates the usefulness of DE for animals:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6466221/

One of the conclusions of the study is the "opinion" that future research into DE will result in more widespread use.  The study acknowledges the lack of clear scientific study, but predicts a positive outcome, and that future research will justify its use.

As far as using DE orally, we used to sell a product with DE added... a blend of three edible clays plus fresh water (only) DE.

DE is useful for parasite control, breaking down biofilm, and I believe also delivering bio-available silica (there at least seems to be excess nascient silica in DE... or at least some silica that separates from the fossilized diatoms.

DE is not, by any measure, a "healing" clay.  Its action is only physical, and I doubt that it works as good as other clays for most purposes.

Unless I find information suggesting more profound effects as compared to other substances, I probably won't study it further!
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Exploration:  Meditation Program

• View Profile
Re: Diatomaceous Earth
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 02:28:18 PM »
Excellent,
Thanks for including the study, gives one a good idea of all the practical applications. I appreciate your time in covering DE.  ;)