Hello

Topic: External Clay Use for Arthritic Conditions - Causes More Pain  (Read 434 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
External Clay Use for Arthritic Conditions - Causes More Pain
« on: February 13, 2019, 01:03:43 PM »
(conversation from facebook group)

Question:  I have a friend that is trying clay on her knees for the first time. One knee was very painful yesterday and she tried to sleep with a poultice last night but a few hours after laying down the pain got so bad she took it off. She said it kept she from going back to sleep for a while.Is there a certain amount of time you would recommend for using on arthritic knees.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When clay is applied externally to treat things like joints, and it causes an increase in pain, it often indicates that there are calcifications or other mineral deposits present, that the clay is working to try to resolve.

What happens is that the clay action causes a temporary increase in inflammation (immune system being activated/awakened), and this increases the pain.

What one can do is try doing 45 minute treatments earlier in the day.  Eventually, the clay will start to become soothing. How long that takes depends upon the severity of the situation.  It can be weeks or even months.

Anjou Musafir and Pascale Chazot document a case, for example, of very severe arthritis of the spine. In this case, the individual did daily applications for about six months before the pain subsided. The individual experienced a complete cure.

Localized clay application can problematic for some, and miraculous for others.   More often than not, clay relieves the pain from arthritis relatively quickly with thick clay applications.  The thicker the better for pain relief!

The best thing to do is also work on breaking down the deposits from the inside out.

When you look at osteoporosis, ostearthritis, calcifications, etc., these are symptoms of the same cause: Mineral imbalance and pH imbalances in the body's soft tissues.

This is a big topic. In the relatively near future, I'm going to do a forum post about this issue, and I am thinking about publishing my module on correcting these issues. Usually, I like to see an individual do a lifestyle diet change and a basic detox (120 days) before doing the module; for some, these issues will start to self-correct.

However, many people would benefit from addressing these issues at any time. I myself did so long before changing my own eating habits. :)
It is a lot of work, and it can take anywhere from a few months to a few years.

Back to clay use:

In this situation, if clay is kept hydrated and sealed when not in use, it can be re-used several times.
Some people that my parents bowl with wouldn't be able to fit their fingers into their bowling bowl if it weren't for clay use!  What they do is take a one gallon bucket (or other suitable container), and fill it with hydrated clay gel. In the evening, they stick an entire hand in the bucket for however long; probably an hour on average.

My general guide/instruction is to continue to use the clay until it starts to smell a bit "funky". However, that is NOT my advice if a person is dealing with a wound or infection!!! Then, clay needs to be disposed of after a single use.

One can use a spray bottle and spray the clay every once and awhile.  It is easier then having to remix it all of the time with water... but that works too.

I know that the increase in pain is unfortunate. That said, it does mean that the clay is working. THAT is good.

How long should  a person use clay? 

Just for the sake of conversation, a person should always use clay until the problem is gone, provided that the body has energy to heal.  Clay use can cause exhaustion.  A person should pause use and allow the body to catch up if this occurs, or if added pain becomes too problematic.

Meaning... In a perfect world, a person would spend four, maybe even six hours, in a vat of clay, from the waist down. Most people would probably only be able to tolerate an hour at a time until the body starts to catch up with the detox!

In the real world this usually isn't feasible. I have corresponded with customers that have had to do this, though; some simply had no other options at all.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 01:17:56 PM by Jason »
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u

• View Profile
Re: External Clay Use for Arthritic Conditions - Causes More Pain
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 12:45:44 AM »
My understanding is that clay helps bone to regrow in broken bones, how can it also remove calcification?

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Re: External Clay Use for Arthritic Conditions - Causes More Pain
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 10:31:47 AM »
Hi:

Clay is quite the "enimga" in many areas.  It is one of the very few actual homeostatic substances on the planet.

Another example:  Some people use it to cure constipation, while others use it to treat loose stools (it is a bio-terrain modulater that works to restore homeostasis to the digestive tract)

Another example:  Natural clay is rich with microbes (SBOs), and tends to support life, but cures many different types of localized infections such as Buruli and/or Brown Recluse spider bites.

In Ayurvedic medicine, it is one of the few substances that is neutral and can be used with all doshas.

To answer your question specifically:  When used externally as a clay packs, clay stimulates circulation to the area being treated.  The whole biological system of "the body" is actually biased toward healing, when given the opportunity.

However, clay works WITH the body for healing, not ON or IN the body.  Therefore, if the conditions being treated are too "out of balance", clay may not work as desired.

For calcium deposits, long term macro mineral imbalance is usually involved, and clay works much quicker if these types of problems are addressed.  if calcium is still being leached from bones to try to balance the pH of bodily fluids (or keep the blood near nuetral), then clay will not work as well.

In some cases, it take take six or nine months of daily therapy to resolve serious calcification issues by external application of clay.  It could probably be done more quickly if the body's internal bio-terrain were addressed at the same time.

------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u