Hello

Topic: Is there a One Size Fits All Dietary Strategy? What is a Healthy Diet?  (Read 402 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
I've been researching diet and nutrition for several decades.  After pain-staking research, my conclusion is that everyone should be eating a plant based diet there is no "one size fits all" diet everyone should be on in order to be healthy.  There are many, many variables involved in determining what the best eating strategy is for a healthy adult.  There are even more variables if someone is dealing with a chronic illness.

Generally speaking:

About 10% of the current population will thrive amazingly well on a vegetable based diet with little or no animal fat/protein.  Most would need a very careful supplement program for optimal health.

About 30-40% would do fantastic on a vegetarian type diet with a limited, but measured, animal protein/fat... with lower fat consumption, and high carbohydrates (vegetables and healthy grains).  This is a great way to eat for the "immuno challenged". Dr. Tim O'Shea has done a great deal of work with this type of dietary strategy.

About 30-40% will thrive on a paleolithic diet that is high fat (very specially balanced, not too much animal protein), measured protein, and with an abundance of (mostly raw) organic vegetables (about six to nine cups daily to support a healthy biome).   Dr. Wahls (The Wahls Protocol) has done a great deal of clinical research on this dietary strategy, including clinical trials with multiple sclerosis patients.  This is also the basis for the Eytons' Earth Nutrition and Detoxification Study Program.

Finally, another ~10% will thrive on what I like to call "The single/divorced cave man diet".  What a "man" would eat if living in a cave all by himself with reducing gathering skills/time, but good hunting skills.  Dr. Myhill has done a great deal of clinical research on this diet.

Now, if a person tries to eat in one of those categories wrongly, it is a recipe for poor health.  Sometimes minor issues, sometimes major ones.

Please keep in mind that anyone on a fast food and processed food diet will do exceedingly well on a Vegan diet, of course.  At least, at first.  It takes many people ten to fifteen years to start to notice negative effects if they've chosen the wrong "healthy eating" strategy.  This is why there is so much confusion in the natural nutrition field!

When I developed my program, I spent years and years trying to build a flow chart to figure out which way people  should go (there are lots of issues similar).  I had to abandon that idea.  What I needed to do was find the right STARTING place for people, and let them explore and discover which is right for them.  Once you find the right starting point, it becomes very easy to make adjustments!

Visit Eytons' Earth to learn more about the upcoming nutrition and detoxification study program: http://www.eytonsearth.org/foundation-nutrition-detox.php.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 08:50:41 PM by Jason »
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u