Hello

Topic: Pascalite compared with greenclay's green clay  (Read 964 times)

• View Profile
Pascalite compared with greenclay's green clay
« on: July 22, 2020, 11:31:40 PM »
I would like to substitute greenclay's green clay for pascalite clay, for a particular purpose.
Is there any idea of the difference in absorption/adsorption between the two? 
It is important to the purpose, which is sensitive and I need the clay to be just right- absorb not too much and not too little. I know the pascalite but I want to switch over to green clay.
Thanks for any input.

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Re: Pascalite compared with greenclay's green clay
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 09:36:31 AM »
Pascalite is one clay that I have not done extensive testing on, mainly because the owners do not and never have had plans to extend their operations.

That said, chances are Pascalite is LESS absorbant than our green desert clay, as it is a non-swelling clay.  As for the sorption rate, I honestly do not know.  It is probably either similar or a little bit stronger.

However, the body often "notices" the absorbant property more than the adsorbant property, since the swelling capacity does more to actually change the bio-terrain... at least, when used internally.

I like Pascalite for what it brings to the table "energetically".  I had a client of mine do an extensive marketing research focus group, and our green desert clay was preferred by a very wide margin, although the use tested was for topical, cosmetic use.

Let us know if you have anything interesting to report, I haven't messed with Pascalite in quite some time!

In all of the classes of clays out there, I would our green desert clay about right in the middle of the sorption spectrum... on the lower side if you include micronized zeolite, in the middle if you only include natural clays.

If you need less sorption, French green illite is a great choice, although it has a very pronounced topical effect specifically on tissues-- for better (sometimes) or for worse (other times).
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Exploration:  Meditation Program

• View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 10:14:21 AM »
Having thought about this, if it is the DRYING properties of clay that you are trying to temper, Pascalite may be a good choice, as the swelling clays are more powerful at absorption.  It is certainly not a sea clay, so likely contains much less salt ion content.

The drying properties of a clay can be tempered without reducing the sorption, based on the water used.

Here are few links that explore this topic:

How WATER impacts the quality of clay, and what I've learned via extensive research (please note that one should NOT use bamboo salt if one wants a gentler clay, just omit that!):

http://www.eytonsearth.org/earthcures/hydrated-clay-gel-how-to-make-himalayan-dragon-sole/

Below is a quick link about my attempt to "temper" a wonderful marine clay, that is way too drying due to fresh ocean water content:

http://www.eytonsearth.org/glacial-clay.php

If this is for skin care, and it is not a wound situation, you can also temper a clay by adjusting its pH, such as with the famed clay and apple cider vinegar facial treatment (and the like).
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 09:39:45 PM »
Is there any reason I couldn't combine a little Pascalite with my green cay, for oral use?

I take clay twice a day with psyllium, and I'd like to combine doses. 
4 tsps green clay, could become 3 1/2 tsps with 1/2 tsp of Pascalite.

Would one absorb or somehow deactivate the other?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 09:59:42 PM »
...not at all.

In my experience, colloids work very well together since they have similar charges, as long as you are not working with colloids with opposite pH values.  Most clays, etc., are neutral or alkaline, so no problems.

I currently use a six clay blend, personally, just because I have about six favorite colloids. :)
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project: