Hello

Topic: Spammers and SEOs - Attention Please!  (Read 325 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Spammers and SEOs - Attention Please!
« on: August 30, 2020, 09:05:27 AM »
This is the 4th forum I've run since the internet was born.

The first one was extremely popular, but it was old technology.  It was almost a full time job fighting off spammers, who always salivate over forums that rank well in Google.

I kept up with it, but when Russian hackers targeted it, and kept finding exploits to hide their content on my site, I finally gave in and threw in the towel.

Since that time, with each new forum, I get a bit smarter and bit more capable.

You should all know that I love it when you guys spam this forum.  I know exactly how long it takes to set up an account, and then make a new post.

You should know that with this forum, it takes me less than five seconds to delete ALL of your posts, your replies, and your account.  It is almost effortless.

This isn't a challenge to the actual real hackers out there.  Give me a break, I cannot afford to run a fully secure server at this time.  But, I know how to, if I had the funds available, so any triumph that you might enjoy will actually be quite empty.  No need to attack the forum software itself, either, please note that it is open source and completely free; it is community supported.

Thank you! :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 02:25:45 PM by Jason »
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Exploration:  Meditation Program

• View Profile
Re: Spammers and SEOs - Attention Please!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 01:00:12 PM »
It's so sad that people have nothing better to do than create havoc! Thanks for what you do, I  am learning a lot!