Hello

Topic: Is there a One Size Fits All Dietary Strategy? What is a Healthy Diet?  (Read 28908 times)

• View Profile
Re: Is there a One Size Fits All Dietary Strategy? What is a Healthy Diet?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2021, 11:53:03 PM »
I came up to simplification of diet and advising to my patients (besides cooking 100% from scratch and listening to the "body's needs"), eating locally grown food as much as possible ...... and mostly eating what each patient's ancestor was consuming if he or she lived in that geographic area 100 plus year ago. It may not be well suitable for many places these days......and modifications are needed.....however I consider this being general principle, and it probably corresponds to research of Weston A. Price.

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2021, 09:28:51 AM »
Yes, that's a great practice, but it really doesn't well apply to most of the urban/city areas anymore.

There are also challenges involving migration.  For example, people who have migrated from India to Colorado might find their Ayurvedic practices lacking, and adjustments may need to be made (which is why your suggestion of always listening to the body is some of the best universal advice!).

If you are lucky enough to still live in areas where great food is grown/raised, that is a blessing that is becoming rarer!
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Exploration:  Meditation Program

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2021, 10:24:38 AM »
The fact that many humans abandoned Mother Nature, moved to bigger cities, "enjoying" artificial "psedo culture" have made deep scars on their physical, emotional, and spiritual bodies.

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2021, 10:43:35 AM »
Typical example from my practice.....virtually every hispanic/latino human moving to the USA/born in the USA who departed from diet of their anchestors and switched to SAD (Standard American Diet) diet is diagnosed with diabetes and lately in earlier age. Same with Native Americans, and same experience with humans of Indian origin.....all these humans have in common obesity, diabetes, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia and other illness. And what they have in common? Stopped eating what their ancestors ate.....we are probably genetically adjusted to certain kind of foods over others based on our rase (and it can not be changed overnight). This was always my argument with raw vegans/vegans living in Northern areas (it is laughable and unfortunately within relatively short time their health is going south besides aging very fast). On the opposite end the closer we moved toward equator the more likely our bodies with crave raw vegan diet and naturally almost abandon animal protein.
On the opposite end raw vegan/vegan diet definitely have their place during alternative treatment protocols.

• View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2021, 10:52:02 AM »
That is very wise.

Fundamentally, I also believe that the digestive system MUST be restored above any other consideration.

Sometimes, dietary changes work fantastic and nothing else is needed. Give the body what it needs, and it often does a great job healing itself.

But, especially with the people who find our work, there is a growing population that needs additional work.  Either, the foods that would otherwise heal them, make them extremely ill, or the body is simply not capable of utilizing the nutrients taken in.

I was actually pretty amazed to discover that if the microbiome is completely restored, individuals lose every single food craving... even when said individuals felt that their poor relationship with food was more linked to emotional trauma than physical dysfunction.

Your patients are lucky that you exercise your ability to really think about things! :)
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2021, 12:55:35 PM »
You say    It takes many people ten to fifteen years to start to notice negative effects if they've chosen the wrong "healthy eating" strategy. meaning with any strategy?

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2021, 01:46:08 PM »
Hi Mary:

I would say with any highly limiting dietary strategy.

The best thing to do-- generally-- is to eat a well-rounded diet of real food, and learn to listen to the body!

Once the body has overcome addictions, it will really tell you if you are missing something when one starts to take the time to listen!
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project: