Hello

Topic: Sauna Therapy - Which One is Best?  (Read 238 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Sauna Therapy - Which One is Best?
« on: February 18, 2019, 08:06:36 PM »
Sauna therapy is incredibly useful for detoxification purposes.  We will eventually have a whole module covering this topic.  There are even protocols out there that have people detoxing in saunas for four hours a day!  Jumping in the sauna is one of my favorite things to do.

Now, I have been called a "health geek".  I guess I could also be called a "gadgets geek" as well.  As far as saunas go, I have tried most of them, and currently own five different light/heat devices:

1.  Steam Sauna / Steam Ozone Sauna (tent with steam pot)

2.  Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna

3.  Red Light/LED panel

4.  TDP Mineral Heat Lamp

5.  Biomat

The steam sauna is actually my favorite.  I sweat much much more in the steam sauna, because I can keep my head cool, my blood at a safe temperature, and the body hotter.  I eliminate a lot more toxic material via the steam sauna (you can tell by sitting on a white towel and comparing the results) because of this.  I also use ozone, so get the added benefit of pure oxygen and ozone.  Steam insulates, and perpetually washes/rinses the body at the same time.

With steam sauna tents, where you can keep your head cool, you can do some amazing things that are difficult to do elsewhere... to the point of it being quite dangerous if you are not cardio-ready or if you are not well versed on how to properly hydrate the body and replenish electrolytes.  When you get close to mastery, you can begin to chart your own internal temperature, and drive it up to 101...102...103....  This is hard to to do in a full body sauna. 

I recommend that people with things like Lyme disease slowly start to condition the body to handle more heat that the dreaded borrelia! 

You can also compare results between the different sauna experiences by weighing yourself before and after a session.   Simply keep all other variables (like how much water you drink) the same.

There are many benefits to infrared (near and far infrared).  I have a full spectrum infrared sauna (we 'built' one using canvas), and love the deep penetrating heat.  You can feel that it is different than steam.  It is not quite as pleasurable as the steam ozone sauna, though. 

I also have a TDP lamp, which is far infrared that is "beamed" through a clay mineral plate where it picks up different frequencies.  This is primarily for pin point treatments.

A biomat can also be used as a sauna if you cover the body.

I would GREATLY caution people when listening to sales advice that is simply intellectualization on which is the better technology. 

Those expensive saunas are very enticing, and the sales agents are great.  While I like my steam ozone sauna the best, getting a "walk in", low EMF, full spectrum infrared sauna made out of wood is also a great purchase.  Clear Light is a worthy brand.  If you buy another brand, be prepared to test the EMF's yourself, you can't trust what the marketing companies say.

The steam tent saunas are cheap and junky, but they get the job done.  You can spend all of the money you saved buying the tent on therapeutic grade ozone equipment.  Just plan on replacing the steam pot every nine months to a year.  Luckily, there are always sellers on Ebay for quality steam pots.

There is not one unit out there that has all of the sunshine to itself.
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u

• View Profile
Re: Sauna Therapy - Which One is Best?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 12:26:24 PM »
Being able to make your own sauna is a huge benefit as many don't have thousands to buy a full box IR sauna. Making your own can be much less expensive and as you've stated, it works better for you.  I have a Dome IR sauna from CL. What I do like about it is, my head is sticking out. If I feel like it, I can use a fan to keep my head cool.  IR saunas don't need panels above the neck as it doesn't penetrate the skull.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 04:31:36 PM by Merrygoround »

• View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 12:58:25 PM »
I really like the idea of the dome.

Clear Light makes great saunas.  If I every choose to purchase an IR sauna, it would most likely be a Clear Light.
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 11:31:41 PM »
What is Clear Light sauna ? Never heard before.
Ozone sauna is probably the best, as it kills all pathogens.
But it's quite expensive.
I'm going again through Mr. Oxygen's, Ed McCabe book, Flood your body with oxygen, which I bought maybe 20 yrs ago.
It is absolutely amazing what this such a simple therapy is able to do.
Both originators of it were murdered by pharmaceutical gangsters.
I know it is totally different topic, just wanted to mention to Jason, maybe he will want to pick it up...

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 10:36:12 AM »
...Clear Light Sauna is a brand that makes higher quality full spectrum (IR), low EMF saunas.  They are pretty fancy.

I'm very familiar with Ed McCabe's book, and I've done a lot of writing about ozone therapy.  I have an ozone steam sauna, and it's one of my favorite things in the whole world.

Seasonly, I do hot ozone saunas where I challenge my cardiovascular system by driving my internal temperature up as high as I can (not for beginners, it's dangerous!), and then when I'm through with the sauna, I have a cold plunge in a cold clay salt water bath.  I do about three minutes in the cold, which would probably be too long if it weren't for the fact that 60 seconds earlier I was over-heating beyond my body's ability to regulate it's own temperature. :)

Speaking of Ed McCabe, I also use H2O2 oral therapy, even diagnostically.  A super healthy person can tolerate 25 drops of 35% h2o2 in an eight ounce glass of water, having built up to the 25 drop dose by starting at one drop, and increasing by one every day.

The "average" person should be able to tolerate 15 drops without any stomach complaints.

Those who are either too toxic, or who have failing anti-oxidant defense systems, will not be able to tolerate the H2O2.  Such a person needs serious work to restore the body to homeostasis.
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project: