Hello

Topic: Therapeutic Clay, Skin Care, Clay Facials, Detox  (Read 118 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Therapeutic Clay, Skin Care, Clay Facials, Detox
« on: March 28, 2021, 12:17:54 PM »
[copied from Facebook Group Discussion]

Hi everyone!

I was asked to share my perspective on using clay externally, to detox the skin (clay facials in particular)... so, my thoughts are here.  Please feel free to contribute your own wisdom to this thread. 

To qualify my thoughts on the matter, here, I'm just exploring some of the ideas on the subject that are a bit less common!  Please remember that I tend to do things to the extreme... There are lots of different ways to use clay, not just my ways!

The person asking is going to be writing about it.  If teaching, or writing a blog post, etc., I would start off by documenting a cool experiment (at least, it was incredible to me at 21 years old).  Seeing is believing!  Seeing how hydrated clay actually works on the pores of the skin provides amazing perspective.  It also highlights the "healing" idea that clay works "with" the body, not just "on" the body!

Take hydrated clay gel (this works much better with water loving (swelling) clays like our green desert clay)  and put a relatively thick layer on ONE SIDE of the face only... Keep it wet/moist for about 15 minutes.  You can use a spritzer bottle with EIS silver, rosewater, or just plain water so that it never even starts to dry.

...After the 15 minutes, quickly remove it with neutral-temperature water, so that the temperature of the water cannot be credited for the results.   Examine the skin carefully, and you'll likely notice that the pores of the skin OPEN UP on the side of the face where the clay was applied.  You can see exactly how the drawing power of clay works by comparing the two sides of the face.

So, in this case, rather than using fancy terms like CEC or ion exchange capacity, I like to use use the old fashioned term "drawing power" to describe this particular clay action, because CEC-- sorption-- works by contact only, and cannot explain the deep action of clay.

Taking pictures of this process is a great way to educate people.  So many "Aztec"-type users think that clay action is due to the drying of the clay squeezing the pores.  They like to market to that "pulsing/pulsating" sensation that happens as clay begins to dry on the skin.

When I used to teach "Hollywood types" how to do clay for facials, I taught them to never allow clay to dry at all.  It is not necessary.  So many people here have their skin/face directly tied with their income, so paying careful attention to detail here can be beneficial. 

Now, I do love a good clay mask that dries, pulses, and really deep cleans via physical action, but doing this often will eventually increase wrinkles, and it also dries the skin out much more than is actually needed.

A thick clay "pack" applied to skin will work to cleanse ALL of the dermal layers, given enough repetition.  This can be a problem, because sometimes the body holds toxins in-tissue on purpose.  Then, when you liberate toxins, they cause the face to break out (etc.).  However, if a person's diet is right for them, eventually using clay for skin care can result in profound healing for the skin.

A person who already has good skin usually reports great skin via clay use.  A person with problematic skin will usually report great improvements.  A person with serious detox issues can run into challenges, but those challenges just highlight the fact that the person has some work to do in order to avoid more long term health trouble.

When clay results in challenges, they are usually what I call "exteriorizations".  An exteriorization is where via clay use, a LATENT condition that has been dormant becomes active and visible.  Many times this is because the immune system's "lights" turn on to the condition in question.  Sometimes this is due to the mobilization of diseased tissue, pathogens, or toxins, but not always. 

Exteriorizations, while rarer when just using clay for skin care, are always a good thing.

In this writing, I'm not even going to go into how valuable clay is for a myriad of challenging pathogenic infections!

Sometimes using clay on the skin also begins to pull toxins out of the fat deposits below the skin.  That's truly how powerful the clay is.  This effect is directly related to the amount of clay used on-body, so this usually would only occur when using clay as a thick poultice.

Sometimes clay even pulls FROM the lymph system out THROUGH the skin... and that can cause some very scary results in rare cases.  People have reported ejecting glass-like shards from the skin, wood splinters, tiny bits of metal, etc.  When I first started hand mixing clay (literally mixing it with my hands), I was amazed for a few months what was ejected via the skin of my hands; usually the palms. 

Even when larger "pieces" of debris are ejected via clay use on the skin, it is always painless.  In fact, using clay to remove staples from skin graph donor sites is one of the most amazing things I've seen...  The situation went from the person screaming at each pluck of the "plyers" trying to rip the staples out of the skin... to dozens of staples being ejected without any effort at all, and painlessly.

For healthy skin, it takes about 4 hours or so for the skin to re-hydrate after a clay treatment (under normal conditions).  Therefore, it can be wise to protect the skin during that "recovery" time.  The best thing I've found is a Frankincense facial serum... very light weight, very gentle.... especially for sensitive skin that often won't tolerate thick creams or layers and layers of surface oil on the skin.

I also use a ROSEWATER spritzer with EIS silver to spray on the skin (coating the clay) during the treatment...  just to keep the "pulling" polarized TOWARD the skin, and to prevent clay from drying... not using so much that it runs, just a light misting.

Also, for skin care, clay can also work to exchange substances (known as its ion exchange capacity).  A great way to demonstrate this is to make a clay paste rich with high grade olive oil.  Each clay is different, so I can't give ratios... but it CAN be mostly olive oil, but with enough clay to hydrate the clay.  Every clay is different, different waters are different, and different oils are different. 

A great "ad hoc" way to make it quickly is to take a real thick clay gel/paste, and slowly mix in some olive oil.  Our green desert clay is different than other clays, I'm not exactly sure why, but you will notice an amazing texture change once the clay "accepts" the olive oil.  It's transformative in a way similar to alchemical processes of the ancients.

Perhaps of interest, in my personal formulations, I always operate off of the principle of "two becoming one"... so, when able, I like to fully realize single reactions before mixing in more ingredients.  Commercially, this is not easy to do, but it is easy to do at home.  When experimenting, you'll learn a lot more by practicing this, rather than throwing all ingredients together at once!

With the olive oil clay facial...  Here you do a treatment by just leaving the clay on for 10-15 minutes.  There is no need to do anything but let the clay sit.  It should be thick enough so that the skin cannot breath, but it doesn't have to be "poultice" thick.  Maybe 1-2 millimeters thick or so.

When done, remove the clay, and gently wash the face with nice warm water.  Pat dry.

A cool thing happens:  There will be olive oil IN the skin, but not sitting ON the skin (provided that the clay was not over-saturated with olive oil).  Don't use so much olive oil that it doesn't mix with clay or continues to separate from the clay...  too much olive oil, and the oil will build up on the clay surface (and then perhaps the face as well).  It should be a cohesive gel, not too wet and not too dry.

Of course, a favorite is the apple cider vinegar and water clay facial.  This combination is excellent, because it doesn't disturb the pH of the skin as much, and the acid works quite differently to cleanse skin than clay.  The old "spa and skincare clay" that we used to make and sell was pH balanced with the consideration that healthy skin pH is slightly acid, from pH 4.5 to about pH 6.7.  We used an amazing acidic clay to blend in with our green desert clay (alkaline) and the red desert clay (very close to pH neutral).

Another thing that is compatible with clay use is high grade/pure aloe vera gel.

I do ****not**** consider herbs, in their native form, to be co-compatible with clay therapeutics.  For me, when a person uses clay with herbs, the person is practicing HERBOLOGY, not pelotherapy/clay therapy! I have many reasons for this perspective.  To be clear, it is perfectly fine as a part of the practice of herbology to use clay.  Dr. Schulze, for example, has always used edible clay along with slippery elm for digestive system cleansing internally (among other herbs).

That said, essential oils are so chemically pure (composition) that they ARE co-compatible; there is nothing really for clay to react with to break down... EOs do not change the way clay works.... You just have to be careful not to use too much.  And you can't formulate by the strength of the smell, because clay sorpts/absorbs much of EO; the EOs won't smell as much, but they will still be fully potent when used on the body.
--------------------------
--------------------------
A few words on the application of "spa" clay:

You always see fancy spas using wooden (or plastic) spoons to apply clay, and then the practitioner smooths it over until it looks perfectly smooth and to where the "coat" is applied uniformly...

...consider NOT doing that if your idea is to achieve mastery!

If you want the best effects, apply the final clay layer without ANY compression whatsoever. You don't want to compress the very amazing and fragile charge layers if you can help it.

Also, consider applying it as if you were making an ocean surface rather than a glassy lake surface.. meaning, let it be highly textured.

This changes the way the information works in/with clay and the body in ways that are baffling to me.

As quantum  physics expands our understanding of the micro-cosmic universe, we have learned that therapeutic clay has information that it passes to the WATER upon hydration.  We believe that this information is then stored in the Quantum field in wave form.... but, much of the information is actually stored by the field that the water generates.

I can't exactly explain the difference, but many people can actually feel the difference having compared  both methods! (meaning, highly textured, almost "fluffed", and applied with attention to avoid compressing the clay as much as possible).

Of course, spas are always going to apply clay in the traditional way, and that is just fine... It's certainly not "wrong", I'm just saying that there is quite a difference between different methods... and the more water a particular clay holds naturally, the greater the difference can be.

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

For those with amazing healthy and "glowy" skin, I do the most powerful facial possible this way:

First I apply a tacking coat. Almost like people put on their thousand dollar facial cream...  So that it goes into the pores, and dries almost instantly... but NOT enough to actually STRETCH OUT the skin.  This can also be done as a quick fascia massage, as apposed to a deep tissue massage... by applying very little actual pressure on the skin while applying the clay.

Then I put a second coat on, that is just a bit thicker, but still a very thin tacking coat.

I do the second layer quickly so that it doesn't fully dry. It might tighten JUST a pinch, but not that much.

Then, I apply a thick coat of clay, "plopping" it gently on the skin, then using my fingers to carefully spread it out a bit without compressing the clay at all.

At this point, I like to texture it, which almost has a "fluffing" effect... so it's actually expanding the charge layers a bit, as apposed to compressing them by applying downward pressure on the face/skin.

Then, I use a rosewater/silver spritzer every so often, to keep the clay from drying (but not so much that it runs down the face).  This keeps the clay "fully" bio-energetically active, and prevents the skin from stretching.

Treatment time is variable... from a short 5 minutes to 20 minutes.

Finally, the clay is gently removed, and the face is gently rinsed with warm water carefully so that all of the clay particles are removed.  Remember to always remove ALL of the clay.  The clay will adhere to any damaged tissue (but tends to be repelled by actual scar tissue, it seems they have a LIKE electrical charge/field) and so there may be places on the skin that need extra attention for rinsing/removal.

Pat dry the face, and then apply a high quality facial serum.

This treatment can be too powerful of a treatment for people with problematic skin.

---------------------
---------------------

Another thing I would like to add:

The water used matters and so does the way you hydrate the clay.  I've spent a LOT of time studying natural and "artificial" waters because I noticed such a great difference in formulations just by using different types of water or water sources.

Hint:  A great water to use is "The Water of Presidents", if you must use an "out of the bottle" water to hydrate clay with.  Despite what some tend to believe, RO (Reverse Osmosis) is excellent, although I consider it nearly "blank".

See an example of a clay hydration tutorial below. You don't have to go crazy when making clay gel/paste, but you can if you want!

The structured water I use here is a deeply RESTING water... and by naturally hydrating clay without mixing, you create a HEAVY/DENSE clay, which is almost exactly opposite from the way spas tend to use clay for facials.

"Resting water" is apposed to a highly ACTIVE water, and using a mixing device to create a very LIGHT (or even 'fluffy') clay.

If you don't want the "dragon" portion of this formula, only use a TINY amount of dragon sole...  The dragon sole is VERY powerful and tends to be pungent.

http://www.eytonsearth.org/earthcures/hydrated-clay-gel-how-to-make-himalayan-dragon-sole/

If I think of anything else, I'll post it here!

« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 12:55:11 PM by Jason »
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Exploration:  Meditation Program

• View Profile
Re: Therapeutic Clay, Skin Care, Clay Facials, Detox
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 03:38:00 AM »
These ideas sound wonderful!

Did anyone ever try doing the oil-clay combo as part of a castor oil liver pack?

The pack is too difficult for me- my liver cannot take the detox. Would adding clay take the edge off? 
Would there be a reason to do that?

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Re: Therapeutic Clay, Skin Care, Clay Facials, Detox
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 09:47:33 AM »
...I think the effects of clay poultices vs. castor oil poultices are quite different, but I also think that clay is equally-- or perhaps even more-- potent.

When I come across reactions like this, it tells me that the body could greatly benefit from the therapy.

How I would approach it is to start with clay compresses.  IF you could also use a TDP Clay Mineral Gou Gong Far Infrared Lamp, that would even be more fantastic.

I would do compresses daily, paying VERY careful attention to the body.  Does it warm up nicely?  Does the body get cooler?  How are your energy levels throughout the day (better, lower, or same)...  making sure to pause as long as needed if the body's energy reserves get tapped.

If daily applications go OK, every four days or so I would try a full blown clay pack.

Of course, everything you can do for the liver otherwise is great, too.

As far as castor oil, I don't have enough experience to give guidance like I do with clay, but the general principles should be the same!
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Exploration:  Meditation Program