Hello

Topic: A Few Personal Thoughts about Dispenza, The 'Work', and the General Philosophy  (Read 279 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Greetings, all!

First off, let me start by saying that I'm NOT into new age thought at all, although I love reading it and exploring some of the concepts.  The biggest problem with new age thought is that it is presented by people who usually only have a little slice of knowledge, and who have very incomplete practices.  There's nothing wrong with this at all, to err is human!  But, passing the "psycho babble" off as higher orders of truth is simply not true.  Not at all.

To give one example of how I think, just for context (I really do love Eckhart Toll, I'm not trying to single him out):

Eckhart Toll's presentation "A New Earth" is a beautifully written book that contains amazing insight, a lot of true love and plenty of heart-warming idealism.  I love it!  In my mind, it's on my bookshelf that includes a lot of great Science Fiction and Fantasy.

However, here's how I view it when trying to use it to change the world and create the world that he (and many others) envision:

Toll, in this case, is like a teacher teaching a room filled with dyslectic students who also have severe ADHD.  Toll tells them, with all truth and complete sincerity:  "If you read all of these text books three times each, write all the key information down, and learn it inside out...  After four years, having completed the final test, I will have the high-paying, life-long career of your dreams waiting for you!  The life you've always dreamed of! Just step into it!"

In the end, though, not one student will have completed the work.

What happened?  Toll didn't understand the nature of the problems faced, and his students didn't understand the true nature of learning.

So, personally speaking, we certainly have different models of reality.   Most new agers believe that we're all about ready to run our own "4-minute mile", but with a collective goal divinely inspired, and that the world is magically going to transform into Eden by the collective consciousness creating a new quantum reality.  Who will be the 100th monkey?

Unfortunately, I strongly disagree.  I really try not to, and I will NOT complain if that happens!  I'll run the four-minute mile and join in with Utopia and sing 1960s pop songs all night long with my hand-wrapped drum, burning the sweetest dried desert sage.  I'd be all in!

However, and sadly, I would have to counter:  This is NOT the nature of this world, nor this dimension of existence, and certainly not this species. 

Does that wonderful place exist?  Perhaps in some other universe, and with some other species, or in some time in the not-near future.

NO.  I believe that humanity's overall spiritual progress is achieved by the millimeter.  Even when a group of people manages to tap into the abundance of truth, love, peace and love, the expression usually has a very short lifespan.  That lifespan, at best, is often the lifespan of the leader.

However, often times, the flower stompers of the world smell that sweet nectar of true beauty, and come running to see if can be destroyed...just because.  Either that or the greedy suits come to hijack the whole thing, simply to turn a profit and elevate their own egos.

So, having the true heart of an idealist, you've all got my "well wishes" and friendly support, but alas, not my soul!

I've been studying truth for so long, I have quite a few different classifications.  Truth is actually situational.  It is a dimensional concept.  And, it often has nuances.  There is the universal truth, there are planetary (or perhaps more aptly called organizational) truths, personal truth, conditional truth... and one of my "Loki" favorites:  Truth which can only be built by lies.  But, my favorite of all:  Metaphysical truths!

I say all of this to build up to one phrase: 

Joe Dispenza is not one of those guys.  He is not "new age" at all.  His core philosophy is hermetic in origin, and true hermeticism has its roots in cold, hard science.  Perhaps one can say that Dispenza has stripped the whole ideology down, and is left with only two things:  Science and practice.

He has re-ordered the presentation of information, stripping the "religion", and the intertwined mysticism, and distilled it down to science along with step by step actions to take... ultimately he is simply offering the scientific practice as a gateway to the mystical.  He leaves "the mystical" up to the practitioner, just like the best artistic painter lets the viewer finish the painting.

So, you are doing yourself a great disservice by trying to classify Dispenza into any of the old 'metaphysical' or 'new age' boxes.

If you've never really looked at his work, and would like a sampling of it so that you can tear it apart with a fine-tooth comb (like I did), then I suggest starting with "You Are the Placebo", and then "Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself".  Read those with an open mind, and if you are a researcher, see if YOU can find inconsistencies or inaccurate information!

Now, I don't see Dispenza as "perfect"...  I haven't met a perfect human being yet!  I have a very few select issues based on ethical considerations.  I have found one tiny piece of information that is not correct (inconsequential).  From my experience as a researcher into the less "hard" sciences, that fact alone is amazing.

OH, and I hear this all the time, please don't be this person:  "I WANT to believe Dr. Joe, but I just can't...."

This...is...science...  What you believe has no relevance.  Please approach "The Work" in this fashion!  You can fly to Toronto without believing in gravity, and without wings, but you have to board the plane. ;)

I'll update this thread with other thoughts as time goes by.  Feel free to sign up (or sign in ) and jump in!  The water is perfect!

...for anyone wanting help with Dr. Joe's work, I personally require six months of preparatory work that gives those new to meditation all of the experience and information one needs to make an informed decision about approaching the life-long practice of meditation and concentration, so people can tell the difference between doing theta trance work, using hypnotic states, why some belief systems ONLY have their students meditate in alpha-dominant states of consciousness, etc.

I do, though, have a small Facebook forum for "advanced", and solo practitioners of Dr. Joe's work, and I leave the evaluation of "advanced" up to the individual:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1020474825069292/
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 12:41:41 PM by Jason »
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Exploration:  Meditation Program

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Re: What is the Core of Dr. Joe Dispenza's Practice?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 12:29:50 PM »
The core of Dr. Joe Dispenza's practice is what he calls "The Formula".

The core of this "formula", and many of the meditative practices that he teaches, is based upon heart coherence and brain coherence.

As far as helping people learn how to change, and how to create better futures, his work can be technically distilled as follows:

He teaches people how to rewire their brain (the neural networks) primarily through specific meditations.  He teaches people how to create/manifest desired changes, directly from the unified quantum field... it is important to note that this process is creating from the UNKNOWN:

The process is dynamic, yet simple:

Unite a clear intention with an elevated emotion.  Let go of the outer world by dropping into a meditative, creative alpha-dominant state of consciousness, where the inner world becomes more real than the outer world, where the left and right hemispheres of the brain become one.

The next step is to surrender oneself completely into a deep theta-dominant state of consciousness.  In many cultures, this is naturally practiced by inducing various trance or hypnotic states of consciousness.

Next, switch from convergent focusing (focusing on MATTER, some "thing") to divergent focusing by expanding-- unfolding-- awareness into empty space (nothingness, the void), and then by perpetual and continuous surrender, follow the heart (via elevated emotion) into the quantum field with pure conscious awareness only...  Becoming no body, with no thing, in no place and in no time.

It is all about the energy.  To change, what is required is that a person experience elevated emotion with a GREATER amplitude than the energy holding the current "reality" in place.

That elevated emotion carries the clear intention into "the field" with pure consciousness.  Last, one simply surrenders absolutely, and turns everything over to "providence".

Get to the unknown, be in the unknown, and create as if you already have what it is that you seek, or already ARE the person you wish to become; get beyond any experience of "lack".

Most of Dr. Joe's work, one way or the other, teaches a person how to rewire their brain, and redesign their life, by utilizing the above practices.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 12:43:37 PM by Jason »
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Exploration:  Meditation Program