Hello

Poll

What are your current eating habits like?

I eat a paleo and/or ketogenic diet (Weston Price"ish or Wahls Plus - higher in fat)
3 (100%)
I eat a plant based diet (Vegan)
0 (0%)
I eat a high carb, low fat diet (with animal protein)
0 (0%)
I eat what's on my plate! (no particular dietary discipline)
0 (0%)
I eat SADly (Sad American Diet, processed foods, fast food, etc)
0 (0%)
I am a Breatharian
0 (0%)
I am a Frutarian
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Topic: How do you eat?  (Read 68 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
How do you eat?
« on: February 20, 2019, 08:45:44 PM »
What is in your diet?
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u

• View Profile
Re: How do you eat?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 06:15:17 PM »
After a lifetime of trying all sorts of dietary systems and being bewildered, confused, and not achieving the health I want and need, I've finally simplified and streamlined my food & cooking into a system that is working for me. Here are the omnivorous basics:

My first meal is focused on PROTEINS. This provides me sustained energy, mental clarity, focus, and a feeling of sturdiness. I target 40-80 grams of protein a day, from grass-fed beef, fish, eggs, dairy, pork, and chicken.

My second meal is focused on GREENS. This provides me with the nutrient-dense, dark leafy vegetables and their minerals on a daily basis. Brassica veggies are cooked. Lettuces and salad greens are fresh, raw. Green drinks add more phytonutrients, anthocyanins, and minerals. Greens are added to 1st meal proteins to increase daily intake --- it tastes great and I feel better the more I add.

My third meal is focused on prebiotic FIBERS and probiotic FERMENTS. This provides my microbiome with the soluble and insoluble prebiotic fibers necessary for their nutrition, and consequently, my immune system health. I cook a big pot of Microbiome Mush for the week. Accompanying the prebiotics is a probiotic lacto-ferment like kefir or yogurt, to inoculate my microbiome daily. I have found I sleep much better when I feed my microbiome in the evening.

Incorporated into each meal are FATS for brain health. This includes grass-fed butter, coconut oil, olive oil. camelina oil, and rice bran oil.

I drink 2 cups of coffee a day, one when I wake up and one at mid-day, for neuroprotection, and early enough to still have good sleep.

I've organized my thinking, refrigerator, pantry, shopping list, and daily cooking based on this eating system. I feel happier now that I've figured out something I can actually do (considering time and money), and which is actually making me healthy. I'm enjoying the simplicity, which accomodates infinite variety and complexity. That said, it's evolving naturally and intuitively --- I just listen to my body.

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Re: How do you eat?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 06:22:27 PM »
...sounds like a very workable system!

Overcoming the confusion of healthy eating took me many years, as well.  There were always too many loud voices drowning out the simplicity of nutrition.

I am always immensely grateful for Dr. Weston Price's work.  So many healing systems have directly developed from his recorded observations on human health!
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u