Hello

Poll

What are your current eating habits like?

I eat a paleo and/or ketogenic diet (Weston Price"ish or Wahls Plus - higher in fat)
3 (75%)
I eat a plant based diet (Vegan)
1 (25%)
I eat a high carb, low fat diet (with animal protein)
0 (0%)
I eat what's on my plate! (no particular dietary discipline)
0 (0%)
I eat SADly (Sad American Diet, processed foods, fast food, etc)
0 (0%)
I am a Breatharian
0 (0%)
I am a Frutarian
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Topic: How do you eat?  (Read 208 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
How do you eat?
« on: February 20, 2019, 08:45:44 PM »
What is in your diet?
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u

• View Profile
Re: How do you eat?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 06:15:17 PM »
After a lifetime of trying all sorts of dietary systems and being bewildered, confused, and not achieving the health I want and need, I've finally simplified and streamlined my food & cooking into a system that is working for me. Here are the omnivorous basics:

My first meal is focused on PROTEINS. This provides me sustained energy, mental clarity, focus, and a feeling of sturdiness. I target 40-80 grams of protein a day, from grass-fed beef, fish, eggs, dairy, pork, and chicken.

My second meal is focused on GREENS. This provides me with the nutrient-dense, dark leafy vegetables and their minerals on a daily basis. Brassica veggies are cooked. Lettuces and salad greens are fresh, raw. Green drinks add more phytonutrients, anthocyanins, and minerals. Greens are added to 1st meal proteins to increase daily intake --- it tastes great and I feel better the more I add.

My third meal is focused on prebiotic FIBERS and probiotic FERMENTS. This provides my microbiome with the soluble and insoluble prebiotic fibers necessary for their nutrition, and consequently, my immune system health. I cook a big pot of Microbiome Mush for the week. Accompanying the prebiotics is a probiotic lacto-ferment like kefir or yogurt, to inoculate my microbiome daily. I have found I sleep much better when I feed my microbiome in the evening.

Incorporated into each meal are FATS for brain health. This includes grass-fed butter, coconut oil, olive oil. camelina oil, and rice bran oil.

I drink 2 cups of coffee a day, one when I wake up and one at mid-day, for neuroprotection, and early enough to still have good sleep.

I've organized my thinking, refrigerator, pantry, shopping list, and daily cooking based on this eating system. I feel happier now that I've figured out something I can actually do (considering time and money), and which is actually making me healthy. I'm enjoying the simplicity, which accomodates infinite variety and complexity. That said, it's evolving naturally and intuitively --- I just listen to my body.

• View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 06:22:27 PM »
...sounds like a very workable system!

Overcoming the confusion of healthy eating took me many years, as well.  There were always too many loud voices drowning out the simplicity of nutrition.

I am always immensely grateful for Dr. Weston Price's work.  So many healing systems have directly developed from his recorded observations on human health!
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 12:42:46 AM »
I eat a lot of avocados for at least 15 yrs. Probably around 3-4 a day. My wife joined me on this maybe around 4 years ago, after she had complications from surgery which has developed into IBS/Leaky Gut thing.
We eat all organic. Not many greens, only Parsley and Dill.
Our sandwich is like this: piece of organic Spelt bread, a little English Marmite(B12), a little organic Ghee or without, a lot of avocado, a lot of turmeric, covered with Ethiopian Tahini. Organic cucumber, sliced, in a separate plate.
Later my wife steams root vegetables - sweet potato and potato.
And then separately steams - beet roots, which she grates after that.
Cooks a mix of zucchini, carrots, eggplant, and the same mix as a soup.
ALL that is mixed with Buckwheat and/or Quinoa.
So, our diet is very close to Macrobiotics.
ALL veggies are organic. Water for cooking, tea, coffee...etc. is Mineral Water, never tap water.
We also make turmeric "milk" - very hot water with turmeric and after it cools down adding a teaspoon of raw Eucalyptus Honey.
This I drink when I wake up, about 30 minutes after a small glass of ACV in mineral water, and followed by teaspoon of raw honey.
Organic Coffee by Hagen, Yerba Matte tea also organic, organic Higher Living Earl Grey Tea, and Tulsi various mixes teas by Organic India brand.
My wife drinks Turmeric Milk later at night, as she is watching TV.
I don't like to watch TV at night, unless it's a really really exceptional movie, which is very rare today. It has to be something like Revenant. I also follow Circadian Rhythm/cycle, and go to be at around 7:30 pm and up 4-4:30 am. Night and darkness created for us by The Creator to be time for rest. This is when the body is doing a maintenance from 8 to 10 something, then from 10 to 12 something else...etc. When you watch TV you become like a zombie, the next day you even don't remember what have watched last night. My wife does watch TV but only for 2-3 hrs. So I highly recommend to go to bed the latest 10 o'clock for those who work regular jobs, and 7-8 pm for self employed and retired. I believe people were much much healthier before TV era. TV brought us a full spectre of Hollywood violence, low moral garbage, constant flood of so called "newz". Even National Geographic is getting out of control, sending their crews to invade animals lives, their privacy...I see it as extremely disgusting and terrible phenomenon.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 06:13:22 AM by latzz »

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 12:24:08 PM »
Wow, 'latzz', very interesting thanks for posting info on your routine.

At first glance, it looks pretty complete.

I'm going to do some thinking about the 3-4 avocados.  I eat 1/2 avocado about five times weekly.

What I like about your routine is that it is fat-rich.

15 years... You are probably one of the lucky ones who are "enzymatically" complete.

This is why I have used Raymond Dextreit's work in my complete 120 day nutritional program.  Even though I don't address macrobiotics directly, I do make it clear that Dextreit used a Macrobiotic diet as a healing diet.

If you don't mind my asking, what is your body's energy state?  Are you athletic, with great energy conversion and reconversion, or more laid back and relaxed with exercise limited to walking, etc.

You guys should think about doing a tsp of edible clay 3-5 times weekly, it is a very healthy practice (didn't see you mention it, so assumed that you don't do it).
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 11:43:03 PM »
Thanks Jason, I too think it's quite complete. I'm 72 in June, slim. But I'm fit for my age and I'd say I'm to some degree athletic. I do some morning exercise, mostly stretching, and jumping up and down, to exercise the lymphs, instead of a rebounder, which is for those who are not able to jump. I'm jumping not a couple inches off the floor, but maybe 20" or even more. Basically I follow Dr. MacDougall's diet, which is also based on macrobiotics.
Jason, 1/2 avocado ????? it's for babies. Absolutely nothing wrong with eating 2 avocado a day and even more.
I also didn't mention many supplements which I buy on iHerb. Not all of them I take, but I do take some today, others tomorrow...etc.
Organic Ghee I buy on iHerb. Half pound Turmeric also from iHerb, by Starwest Botanicals I think. Theirs is from India. Others are from South America. We use it a lot. Every piece of bread with avocado etc is with at least 1/4 tsp turmeric, to which I add a pinch of black pepper, or cayenne pepper. I do have bentonite, but haven't used it yet. Good that you mentioned it, thanks!

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 01:17:34 PM »
Great!

All things considered, I think that using things like edible clay can make a 10 year difference in vital health and longevity, all other factors equal.

Ozone therapy might increase this by 5-10 years.  I think if V.E. Irons had discovered ozone therapy, he probably would have been an extremely healthy 110 year old. :)

It is hard to get good fresh avocados here.  My wife and I just split one for dinner, usually.

I really enjoy seeing what people are successful with as far as health goes.

There are pitfalls..

Atkins killed himself with his "heart healthy" (not so much) ketogenic, bacon, eggs, and butter a la 'all the time' diet... heart attack.

So, I've spent decades studying nutrition, and currently I stick very close to actual clinical medical research on the topic.  I couldn't even design the nutrition/detox program that I'm nearly finished with WITHOUT the new clinical research that is emerging.  And even then, I can only give someone the proper STARTING point, not ENDING point!

The "ending point"-- if there is one-- is VERY individualized!

When an individual who is meant to eat a primarily plant-based diet does so, they should never feel deprived.  Also, the digestive system should work very well, indicating that a person has the necessary enzymes and microbiome to thrive.  When these two things are present, that is great, especially with a well-varied diet (rather than eating only two or three things)!

At least, this is what my limited research has shown to date.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 05:08:48 PM by Jason »
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project: