Hello

Topic: Healing Ulcerative Colitis || Therapy Clay - A Discussion  (Read 2193 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
[...taken from email query...]

[original author noted that dosing with clay once in the morning did not eliminate loose stools]

Healing clay used internally is extremely effective for one type of UC, and usually helps control symptoms for the other "main" type.

With loose stools, the idea is to increase clay consumption until stabilization occurs (stools become well-formed and normal).

This may not be possible if you are only using it once a day.  Ideally, it should be used once every time the digestive system is stimulated, if at all possible... and provided it is well tolerated.

When using larger amounts of clay, the quality of clay is important.

You are right to keep clay use away from medications.  However, you may need to take a closer look at this.  MOST (but not all) medications are absorbed by the stomach (or pass through it) easily by the 45-minute mark... Many go "straight in" and are active in the metabolism after 20 minutes.

Universally, unless it is a time-release medication, waiting for one hour will allow the medication to work without fear of interference from clay use.

I like everyone, if possible, to read my introduction to using edible clay, as it was written to answer all of the questions I've been asked (almost all!) over the last 20 years or so.  I've tried to make it "readable":

https://www.eytonsearth.org/earthcures/a-comprehensive-beginners-guide-to-using-edible-clay/

Next, consider using fermented cabbage juice if clay alone doesn't do the trick.  Cabbage juice is fun to make, tastes "ok" but smells TERRIBLE!  It can be a fun family project.

Using fermented cabbage juice has actually been researched by the Brigham and Women's Health Crohn's and Colitis Center.

There is a "push/pull" between clay and cabbage juice that works great.  Using clay to completely cleanse the digestive system, and then flooding the digestive system with the RIGHT kinds of probiotic bacteria can help to (permanently) restore floral balance.

It is MUCH, MUCH harder than most people realize to use probiotics for gut healing.  99 times out of 100, when you take "probbies", they are not very aggressive and are destroyed before reaching the colon.  The ones that DO reach the colon are actually often seen as competing invaders (not a part of the current colony system) and are killed off quickly.

Some stool studies have shown NO surviving probiotic bacteria surviving even with aggressive supplementation.

With clay, you are using a bio-terrain stabilizing force, along with billions upon billions of "good" bacteria that live INSIDE the tiny cabbage fibers;  this allows them to survive and reach the lower digestive tract.  Most pathogenic organisms feed off of fat, sugar, or protein... So they are not interested in the cabbage.

The cabbage fibers are their own bio-terrain, which gives them equal footing in the lower digestive tract.  They don't "need" to search out a food source, they are living and breeding in their own self-sustaining bio-terrain as they travel.

It's not perfect, but for some people, the cabbage juice/clay combination is exactly what the body needs to shift the bio-terrain and change it permanently.... and the immune system can FINALLY calm down.

https://www.eytonsearth.org/earthcures/how-to-make-fermented-cabbage-juice-natural-probiotics/

There are other potential issues with immune-system modulation via bio-terrain recovery (healing the digestive tract), which are discussed in our "concept" protocol on digestive system cleansing:

https://www.earthcures.org/digestive-system-simple-cleanse.php

For tough cases, I don't consider this "the cure", but I consider it as one of the best starting places.
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Exploration:  Meditation Program