Hello

Topic: NEW 3 Clay Blend: A Long Time Coming...  (Read 454 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
NEW 3 Clay Blend: A Long Time Coming...
« on: November 14, 2021, 12:00:11 PM »
Greetings, everyone:

Many years ago when I was nothing more than a pup, I was out in the middle of nowhere talking to an old-timer while visiting my favorite  desert artesian hot springs.   This man was of the generation that wore the label "old-timer" as a badge of honor.  This individual took one look at my tattered face, and told me, "Son, you need to go out and get yourself some Bezoite."

He drew me a map to the location of a natural deposit.  It was now dark and late, but I didn't want to wait.  I drove my old 1970 Ford F-150  truck (with the granny gear!) off onto this secluded dirt road which was even more deeply into the middle of nowhere.  That truck probably shouldn't have been on the road at all, let alone with me in it, alone in the deep secluded desert.

I managed to find the deposit and filled a bucket up with pure clay rock.  At least, it looked like rock to me.  I drove back to the other middle of nowhere, and hydrated the clay with the amazing hot springs water which gurgled up from deep within the Earth, and spread it all over my face, head, and neck.

Years old pain melted away, leaving me in state of quiet awe.

The rest is history.  I sought out every scrap of paper in I could find in print about the nature of these types of clays.  My cursory exploration lasted several years.  The internet had no been invented yet, so good information was hard to find and had to be sought out the old fashioned way, by visiting used book stores, libraries, and tracking down actual people via word of mouth accounts.

This particular clay was so absolutely amazing, that I thought that there could not possibly be anything else like it on the planet.  I was right... and wrong!

The internet came to town, and we formed the first global website on the therapeutic applications of clay.  Our precious clay was not commercially available at all, and I did not have a reliable source to send people to, which was the only frustrating part of the project.

Soon, I started getting emails from all over the world.  An abundance of these correspondences were from people who had found THEIR OWN clay, and were writing to tell me about it, as well as get some further advice on how we used ours.

I grudgingly had to admit that there were other amazing clays out there.  I had to drop both my confirmation bias, and my cognitive dissonance.  That's what GOOD science taught me to do.  I would only know a fraction of what I know today had I not sought out and studied all of the world's amazing therapeutic clay deposits (at least, as many as I could find).

Fast forward decades.

My obsession with "minerals" permutated into an obsession with energy (water, earth, and sunshine: The Eytons' Earth motto), which was also combined with a co-obsession with particle sizing.  Through long and painstaking observations and scientific explorations, all of that has eventually been replaced with an obsession with GEOMETRY and how micro crystals produce sub-atomic (in actuality, quantum) phenomenon.

I finally got the message clay was trying to teach me all of these years.  It's not about the sorption (yes, that's great), or the particle size (which helps define where clay functions), or the pH (defines how clay interactions with bio-terrains), or the ORP (which effects how clay approaches detoxification), or the trace minerals (some of which can be VERY exotic and unexpected), or the CHEMICAL or MATERIAL effects of the particle shapes (which help determine the safety of use, and particularly exactly HOW clay's ionic/electric/"magnetic")...or the ratio of co-minerals, anion or otherwise... In truth, it was ALL about the geometry.

I can't currently publish my suppositions, because they cannot yet be clearly documented via scientific means.

All of this mad dive into oblivion, and even more,  has always gone into my explorations with clay (and subsequently, water and energy).

Our new three clay blend is, as far as I'm concerned,  vastly superior than the old one, which of course was so many people's favorite edible clay.  The goal of THAT clay?  ...was to temper the power of two clays, while still harnessing their unique properties.  When the three became one, a highly effective yet gentle clay formulation emerged.

This three clay blend is different.  It's more about geometry.

Now, the change to the blend was not that dramatic.  I bet most people won't even notice it.  The dominant clay still rules the appearance and pretty much the taste. 

In essence, we replaced an ancient river smectite clay, with an ancient sea bed clay.  We loved the trace mineral content of the red desert clay (Terramin), but we feel that the therapeutic properties of sea minerals are a bit superior.

When I look at the difference between illite (whcih is a mica) and bentonite/montmorillonite (smectite), it's actually pretty cool:  Illite is born from smectite.   It is a devolution of this "volcanic origin" clay.  In many ways, it is the opposite of smectite.  It is all very "Taoistic".  At half the particle sizing (the BREADTH, NOT the thickness), and with an abundance of amazing dendrites (without the "football field"-like smooth and flat surface which gives this class of clays it's amazing micro-crystalline sorption properties as well as providing the potential to develop powerful charge layers), Illite works by doing the same thing, but often achieves it in a different manner.

I like to call the illite "The Grappler" because it grabs things.  It grabs things with the right electrical charge, leaves things alone with the wrong electric charge (molecular structures with a dominant net "negative" charge), and yet will grab the right SIZE things with a more neutral charge.  Most people don't really "get" this about illite.  If you think about it, it is absolutely amazing, especially considering it was BIRTHED from aged smectite.

I've talked about illite quite a bit in other forum posts, so I won't duplicate the commentary here!

Anyway, I had plans to switch to this blend about seven years ago, when we first started having supplier issues with the red desert clay.

Now, I still am looking for a pristine ancient river clay.  JUST the right combination of circumstances must occur for this type of clay deposit to form.  Please note that many, if not most, red clays are NOT actually edible.  You can eat some of them, but you risk toxic side effects, depending on EXACTLY what gives clay its red color! 

I have corresponded with many people who have their very own "secret stashes" of river clay, which I think is awesome...  but, these are often more modern deposits, and are found at current river banks.  Many of them are sodium-dominant bentonites deposited directly by ancient volcanic activity.

Anyway, I hope everyone will enjoy this new blend as much as we do!  We don't feel that there is any sacrifice making this necessary, "forced" change.

I do still have a VERY limited supply of red desert clay, and may be able to make a handful of one-gallon units if anyone is super attached to the old blend...  this was NOT our choice to make a fast switch, we would have preferred to have phased it out over a period of a few years.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 10:35:49 AM by Jason »
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Exploration:  Meditation Program

• View Profile
Re: NEW 3 Clay Blend: A Long Time Coming...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 01:21:28 PM »
Thanks for the new blend. Excited to add it to my wonderful clay collection. Do you think taking it internally will help with osteoporosis like it did your mother. How much do you suggest taking if it does. Thanks again for all your much appreciated information.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 11:02:34 PM »
are you still offering the pure calcium bentonite?

• View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 12:39:46 PM »
Yes, we still (of course!) sell our "signature" green desert clay as always.

I would expect the clay blend to work equally well in all ways.

As far as osteoporosis, the first step is to bring soft tissue pH balance back into homeostasis.  I would say that "almost always" over-acidity is responsible for loss of bone density (if not in outer space ;)).  Calcium is literally leached from bone to compensate.

Sometimes clay alone might accomplish this, but usually, the body requires extra measures.

When pH has been corrected, and when eating habits are great (we need fat to carry minerals to cells), edible clay use along with bone-density building activity (usually some sort of CAREFUL weight training) can start to reverse the issue.

When all of these are in place, one may consider a balanced blend of alkaline macro minerals which are properly chelated, with the idea of keeping a balanced mineral intake that delivers calcium directly to the bone...  but this is more experimental, and I do not have specific recommendations.  Generally speaking, you don't want to take in too much calcium.

------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 03:55:23 PM »
Thanks so much for your response! I actually just found your post from a few years ago on osteoporosis. I have some 9X roasted salt so I need to start taking it.  ;D I can't download the book you talk about because I'm not a charter member. How do I become one? I love helping people, especially in these crazy times, as a retired nurse and so appreciate your wonderful, informative help too.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 12:29:05 PM »
Hi Connie -

I've modified your profile to give you Charter status, you should now be able to download in the download section.

The pH book really needs to be expanded, but I think it contains really critical information regarding the true nature of body pH and mineral issues.

------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 01:27:39 PM »
Thanks so much Jason! You are the best!!!