Hello

Topic: Head in or out of sauna?  (Read 6322 times)

• View Profile
Head in or out of sauna?
« on: March 02, 2020, 02:51:11 PM »
Hello all,
Is it best to keep your head out of the sauna when trying to heat your body up as much as possible, such as in a tent sauna? So far I've only used my tent and have kept my head out of the sauna, but I was looking at showers that can convert into steam saunas for small bathrooms and wondering whether anyone has any experience with these. And if so, do you manage to heat your body up as much as when you can keep your heat out?
 thanks!
Rebecca

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Re: Head in or out of sauna?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 10:08:29 AM »
Hi Rebecca:

Actually, there is a case to be made for both methods!

I have a tent, and I have found that I can safely drive my temperature higher for longer periods of time with my head outside... plus, with a giant fan, you can use your head just like a radiator to cool the body, making it easier to manage extreme temperatures...  even so, you CAN still drive your body temperature to dangerously high temperatures.

When doing serious sauna detox, I always monitor my internal temperature, both to push myself past imaginary limits, AND to be certain I don't push myself too far.

It is actually safer with the head outside of the sauna, but it is "non-traditional".   I, however, have yet to find a  "down side".
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Exploration:  Meditation Program