Hello

Topic: Red/NIR light  (Read 133 times)

Red/NIR light
« on: February 21, 2019, 06:31:52 PM »
I somehow fired up an old lower back injury a few days ago which literally feels like a 220 volt shock when I move. Years ago, I bought a small red 660, 38 LED, 1 3/4" bulb light. I don't know the strength but when using it almost touching the skin as its so small.  I also have a larger, body red/NIR panel light that I recently bought. Yesterday I did 1 panel treatment and used the small bulb for spot treatment.  Over night I am amazed at the difference in my pain.  I did a full panel treatment today and will use a spot treatment later. I'm feeling good about investing in both lights.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 07:30:12 PM by Jason »

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Re: Red/NIR light
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 07:29:48 PM »
Wow, that is excellent.

I have never tried red light therapy on a "newly" agitated old injury, I'll keep that in mind!

I'm assuming that you just did 6-10 minutes?
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 04:19:19 AM »
Merry Go Around, I too use a red bulb in a separately bought socket, for my wife. She likes it, but doesn't use it too often. She prefers hot water bottle. Curious, what kind of red/NIR panel light do you use ? Can you if possible to show a picture ?
Thanks!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 04:49:07 PM »
Yes, Jason, I did the treatments for about 8 mins. for the bulb and the panel about 5 hrs apart.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 04:52:51 PM »
Hi Latzz,  Here is the red/nir panel light.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 12:20:18 AM »
Merrygoround thank you very much!
I've never seen anything like that. What's the size of it ?

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 11:37:58 AM »
Hi Latzz,

The measurements are: 37" x 8" x 3". I hang it on a door. Its heavy for its size.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 01:35:44 AM »
Thank you very much Merrygoround!!!

• View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 08:56:19 PM »
...Here is a picture of mine that provides some context.

It's a "medium" size, large enough to treat my torso.  I can either do upper or lower body.

I do about six minutes on the front and six minutes on the back.  You have to know the "power" of your device.  Too long, and you actually reverse the beneficial effects.

These units, unlike most of the hand held ones, are VERY powerful, and do NIR and red light.
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 11:40:35 PM »
Thanks Jason,
I looked on Aliexpress, but nothing like these. And all infrared lamps are FIR. Saunas too.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 12:47:43 AM »
...below is a link to a source.  I can't yet "vouch" for the quality, as I haven't had/used mine long enough.

BUT, it is better than spending a fortune purchase a Joov, IMHO:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Innovative-Eyes-Protection-Led-Pain-Treatment_60777713872.html?spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.18d13e5fxnKss3

I did verify that the power output and wavelengths are correct.
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 12:56:55 AM »
haven't thought checking Alibaba. $100 is not bad, but it says from $100 to $600, so it might be $600 for one piece. Plus shipping.
It is not on aliexpress though. But I'll inquire with a few shops there if they would like to sell these. Thanks!

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 10:31:11 AM »
Hi:

...the price difference is due to the size of the unit ordered.  The super large one is about $600, the super small one about $100.

Keep in mind that there are dozens, if not hundreds, of these things that LOOK identical from the outside.  That doesn't mean that they use the proper power output, or that they are made with quality materials, especially since we're talking "made in China".

I think we got extremely lucky finding this source (we researched for close to two months), as it seems the quality is actual medical grade.

Joov is the gold standard (and based on pricing, I"m assuming they are made of gold LOL) to compare with.  $1195.00 for the same panel configuration as we have, with power output almost identical.

The difference is that our unit is the "old" analog technology, the new Joov units are digital.  However, this doesn't impact how the units actually function!
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2019, 10:37:32 AM »
Oh and you are absolutely right.  The full spectrum saunas emit VERY LITTLE near infrared, and probably close to zero at 12 inches away from the light/heat source.

You can't replace NIR/Red light therapy with any kind of sauna infrared therapy, but it can also be said that you can't mimic the effects of full spectrum infrared sauna with NIR/Red Light.

A lot of people into this therapy do about six minutes of NIR front then back, and then step into a sauna.

Think of it this way:

NIR/Red Light therapy affects the mitochondria and cell function more, while sauna therapy provides a much greater systemic detoxification effect.

Some people out think themselves, and try to combine the two.  The TIMING and exact exposure is critical to NIR/Red Light therapy.  You need just the right amount of exposure for best results, and doing NIR therapy along with a 20 minute sauna will negate every last benefit derived from the NIR...  at least from a cellular function standpoint!
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2019, 01:51:39 PM »
The fact that one can negate NIR/R therapy with an adjacent sauna treatment is interesting. I would have thought the same way, it hope in the sauna afterwards to catch all the bases.  When doing the NIR/R light treatment and the cells are effected in a healing way, how does the sauna reverse that effect through sweating?