Hello

Topic: Calcium Bentonite Clay Gel in Mouth for Infections and Abscesses  (Read 97884 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Calcium Bentonite Clay Gel in Mouth for Infections and Abscesses
« on: February 23, 2019, 10:38:29 AM »
(from email correspondence):

We actually provide clay to several contract manufacturers who use clay in their tooth powder or tooth paste formulations.   Their products receive excellent feedback from their customers.

It is fantastic to use in gel/paste form to draw out infections.  Using clay in mouth can even be combined with oil pulling, if desired.

It has always worked for me, although luckily I have not had an abscess in many years!  Some minor issues with gums, the clay always works quickly.

For deep abscesses, it can take some time.  It may increase discomfort temporarily as the clay works to draw out the infection.  Eventually, however, it soothes and removes all of the pain and irritation.

Many people stop treatment too soon.  They stop applying clay the minute the pain stops.  To be effective, treatment should continue until all draining stops and the area is well on its way to being healed!

Gauze works very good, but I think a piece of paper towel works even better.  The paper towel material almost acts like paper mache.  With a bit of practice/work, you can mold it to fit perfectly to the treatment area.
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u

• View Profile
Re: Calcium Bentonite Clay Gel in Mouth for Infections and Abscesses
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 11:37:47 AM »
I used a clay pack on a lower molar due to pain, I think I used a piece of paper towel. I put the pack in at night and sleep with it.  Easier than day time treatment for me.  The pack worked its charm.  Although I think I only used it until the pain left, if it happens again, I will keep using for a few more days.

• View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 11:45:32 AM »
..almost always works like a charm!

Did you know that Raymond Dextreit taught people to put clay packs on the OUTSIDE of the mouth to treat gum issues?

Even so, I'll always use clay in-mouth unless I don't have a choice!

I did some experiments years ago with huge skin graft donor sites, with a brave-hearted willing participant!  Actually, the person wasn't brave-hearted at all, she was actually quite frightful when it came to shredded skin.  BUT, the pain relief from clay application usually trumps all fear.

The test was to see if application of clay needed to touch the skin in order to be effective.

What happened is that the clay was effective at healing and eliminating inflammation, but it did NOT remove the pain.  At least in this case, the clay actually had to be touching body in order to remove the pain.

A discovered that a plastic surgeon saw the article I wrote, and used clay on his patients for many years.  BUT, because clay is not usually sterile, he used the double-dressing method that I pioneered in the experiment.

Sadly, medical doctors risk losing their licenses if they use clay on wounds, because the "medical standard" requires dressing materials and substances to be sterile.

There are many doctors out there who tell their patients to research clay for themselves... even though they feel that can't actually practice medicine using clay themselves.

I say:  Find a doctor like that! :)
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 12:27:28 PM »
Wow, a Dr that used clay. I would imagine there are lots of Drs whom in private life practice "alternative" therapies.   One applications that stands out in terms of pain for me.  I got stung on the thumb by some sort of wasp.  So painful!  I made a clay pack and taped it on my thumb.  Shortly the pain went away, I was amazed.  Thinking all was well in about 1 hr I removed the pack. Within a few min. the pain was back. Back on went another clay pack. I ended up doing that for a day or two, finally there was no pain. I've also used a clay pack on a toe I hit on a piece of furniture... ouch!  Its a little more awkward to keep a pack on but it did help with the pain and healing. 

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 12:43:03 AM »
got rid of an tooth abscess recently:
June 2018 abscess and dr wanting to do a root canal treatment. I go back home and for the first 2 weeks, until the pain (was not very big) went, i, pretty regularly, put a thick paste of clay directly on my gum under the lip and on the lip, every night. then for the next 6 months, I do again, very occasionally. BAck to the dentist I ask for an x-ray (me who is against them) I really wanted to test the clay. The dentist said that none of his science background could explain that, I could go back home and voila! If i had done my first x-ray, now, he would have sent me home saying all is good! I must say I could not see the difference on the x-ray, he is the pro and I trust what he saw and said.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 11:28:01 AM »
That's great!

I do know that if you diligently use clay packs (like you did), it will take care of abscesses. 

I like to use it in-mouth like you have.  However, Raymond Dextreit actually taught people to put a clay pack on the OUTSIDE of the mouth, on the cheek or chin or upper lip.

I think it works better to relieve the pain used on the site.

But, the fact that it works when used outside of the mouth indicates that it is probably the "field effect" of the clay poultice that explains the clay action, rather than "sorption", which requires direct contact.
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 11:42:22 PM »
For my abscess, I put thick enough clay directly between gum and skin and the next day there was still some...no need of gauze or paper.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 10:38:38 AM »
I'm glad that worked.

It really depends upon how you hydrate the clay that you are using.

I used to almost always use what I call super hydrated clay.  Raymond Dexreit paved the way for me to experiment and understand the different ways swelling clays can be hydrated.

With our green desert clay and with most smectites (aside from a river clay like Terramin), clays that are hydrated to the point that the clay BARELY holds together is a "sloppy clay."  It is very slick and slippery.  If a surface has a nuetral or negative surface charge, the surface will reject the clay and it will slip and slide away.  If a surface has a net positive surface charge, then with a sloppy clay, individual clay particles or tiny clusters of clay particles will actually adhere to the surface.

This is why smokers and others with throat issues sometimes complain that drinking clay or clay water can act as a throat irritant.  The damage and irritation to the throat causes clay particles to adhere to the tissue.  This is healing.  However, because we breathe through the throat, the air causes the clay to dry out, causing the irritation.

Now, for external uses, I mostly make a sticky clay.  This is a clay that is a bit more dense and is not quite hydrated to its full potential.

I think our green desert clay is rare, in that you can make either a sticky clay or a sloppy clay, if desired.

I haven't been able to do that with sodium bentonite... but to be honest, I haven't actually set out to try.  The clay either turns out to be like puddy, muddy, or sloppy.  The sodium bentonite I use has 4 hydration points, but I don't think any of them are sticky.  That said, I generally don't use sodium bentonite for poultices, so I have limited experience actually making clay gel with it!

I still do like to follow the general principle of covering clay with a dressing, because this polarizes clay activity toward the skin or treatment area, rather than the surrounding air or tissue, and it slows the drying process down... but that said, it obviously isn't necessary to use clay in this manner!  I'm very pragmatic, whatever is convenient, as long as it works!
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project: