Hello

Topic: Smectite, Illite, Zeolite - Conversation on Particle Characteristics  (Read 77 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
(via email correspondence):

Smectite clay particles, since they are wafer thin, can help to actually heal tissue.  A clay particle will adhere to damaged tissue, protect it, and stimulate healing.  Healing tissue usually has a net positive charge.  Incidentally, scar tissue has a net negative charge.  Scar tissue actually slightly repels clay particles unless you use a thick gel (the electromagnetic field of the clay is stronger than surface charge of the scar tissue).

To contrast, illite can actually cause minor damage to healing tissue.  Thierry's mother would use Illite against a Buruli ulcer (infection), until the infection was gone.  When new granulating tissue would start to form, illite would actually start to cause bleeding.  They would then shift to using a montmorillonite clay to finish the healing.  One of the individuals I was corresponding with in Australia noted that the use of illite caused an increase in wound pain (buruli).  She would follow with a bentonite/montmorillonite poultice to sooth the area and eliminate the discomfort.

Zeolite is what I call a "water hating" colloid.  As such, the "water loving" swelling clays, like our green desert clay, or like other calcium/sodium bentonites, do a much better job at binding acidic waste (they are extremely alkaline) and making an actual change to the bio-terrain of the digestive tract.  They are REALLY good at removing heavy metals from bile, and preventing retention toxicity.  Illite is probably a bit better at breaking down biofilm.

Zeolite, being "roundish", will simply bounce off of substances that it cannot sorpt.  It will not likely adhere to anything, unlike smectite.  This has advantages and disadvantages.

Of course, as you know, zeolite itself is rock.  However, the micronized version of zeolite has an abundance particles small enough to enter the blood stream.

Traditional-use clays tend to work on detoxing the liver (but don't do much directly for kidneys)... due to the large particle size.

The smallest micronized zeolite particles seem to do a better job of detoxing the kidneys.  One clay user, who had been using clay for many, many years, found herself in stage 3 kidney failure.

We started including micronized zeolite, and she got a very severe healing reaction.  She adjusted to micronized zeolite use pretty easily, and after two years of regular use, completely restored kidney function.

All of these different particles have great-- and often unique-- uses. They are all a bit different even though they share the same general properties.

How does clay act as a catalyst?

The assumption is that it up-regulates genes responsible for Phase 1 detoxification.  That's the only method of action I can point to.

I assume this might happen when blood levels of a particular toxin decrease (as clay removes the stuff in bile), and as organ function improves.

This "strange" effect is so powerful that I've known toxic people that could only start with putting clay on the roof of the mouth (clay gel).  That is the only way they could tolerate "internal" use.

I'm assuming that the smallest zeolite particles in fully micronized zeolite do cross the blood brain barrier.  However, I was much more "enthused" about this when we had access to fully micronized zeolite, where we were looking at an abundance of particles sized 0.1 - 0.5, and 0.5 - 1.0 microns.

Bentonite and heavy metal cleansing:  Clinical research was done by a doctor in Japan using bentonite clay and cilantro.  It was demonstrated that the combination of the two safely removed heavy metals like mercury from the brain.  The clinical results were conclusive.

However, their time table might be wrong.  I believe the study was for about 3 weeks.  The researchers didn't have equipment like Dr. Chistopher Shade has to measure serum levels accurately.  So, I tend to do 3-4 weeks as a critical time frame for heavy metal detox, but think it can be 3-6 months before the body is really done purging them.

I still have a mouth full of mercury.  That was the first heavy metal cleanse I ever did. :)

Every so often, I do heavy metal challenge testing (DMSA), and my mercury (and other) levels are exceptionally low.  I also do tissue sensitivity testing (Elisa I believe) to make sure my immune system is non-metal reactive.  Sometimes this can be more important than the amount of heavy metals.  Some people are very tolerant, and some are extremely sensitive.

I hypothesize, based only on observations, that clay use calms the immune system.  I've seen this via oral use, and also clay baths.

I now use cilantro and garlic regularly for their ability to up-regulate detox and chelate mercury.  Dr. Shade also uses Haritaki; he claims that this plant has the most polyphenols which up-regulate detox.  I make tinctures, but only use them every so often, maybe a 1 ounce dropper bottle per year.

The bentonite/cilantro cleanse took care of my brain fog many years ago, and it did it quickly!  I was amazed!  I am assuming that the zeolite would do a good job too, it just might bind the metals more in the blood than the bile.  That's speculation only, based on the reports that people get good results using the zeolite, and the "Clay Disciples" have gotten great results using clay.

Some people can't tolerate cilantro, it causes too much of a metals dump into the blood stream... which is why I recommend people first do a digestive system cleanse (and hopefully get their eating habits on the right track), before trying anything that might put too much strain on the liver/kidneys.  At least two months.

I try to convince them to rehydrate the body during that phase, so if they do more cleansing, they are already used to drinking enough water.

We are close to some of the purest zeolite on the planet.  I looked into micronizing it myself, but it was just too expensive.  I thought I might be able to fully micronized zeolite and then sell it not labeled for human use (and thus outside of the jurisdiction of the FDA).

I always rely upon a holistic approach to heavy metal cleansing to ensure best possible results.  I also try to get people to use a sauna, or at least hot and cold showers!  I never rely upon one substance for anything.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 08:38:07 PM by Jason »
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u