Hello

Topic: Best Source of Minerals? Fulvic Acid? Salt? Clay? Orthomolecular?  (Read 4750 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
(source facebook group conversation)

"Best" is usually relative! :)

When you bind a mineral to an organic acid, you force absorption. This is why so many pharmaceutical drugs are bound with things like HCL.  With minerals, the type of acid determines how "deep" it goes into the cell on its own.

Some individuals with a) impaired digestion, b) leaky gut, c) imbalanced extra-cellular terrain, d) other unknown bio-electric or immune condition... choose to force feed minerals into the body.  These are the so-called "chelated" minerals.  Most chelated minerals are bound to organic acids.  This idea is not wrong or right, it just means you really don't achieve any actual homeostasis considering how the body is actually functioning. THAT SAID, people with things like Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinsons, (where the suspected cause of symptoms is a cell membrane integrity issue) etc. can benefit from things like orthomolecular mineral medicine for the rest of their lives.... orotates, AEP, etc. They just usually can't stop taking them, and should continue the work towards finding ways to actually heal. 

These types of minerals might also be great to help overcome severe deficiencies.

People with digestive system issues/damage can benefit greatly from humic/fulvic acid, which can actually aid in digestive system healing.
 We use this is in our digestive system cleansing program (optionally). I consider fulvic/humic acid akin to a natural form of orthomolecular mineral medicine (most orthomolecular formulations are manufactured, and are not "natural" in the biophysics sense of the word).
However, the purest minerals for healing purposes are natural salts and clays. This is where cellular structure and design originated...from actual clay/earth... and SALT water is where electrolyte balance was first created (ocean).

Normal salts still have to be "digested", and they can be used up long before finding their way into a cell, which is why I've written the module on pH and macro mineral balancing.  Things like extra-cellular pH, soft tissue electrolyte balance and dehydration need to be addressed, as apposed to just taking a standard dose of balanced minerals and hoping that you maintain homeostasis! People who are malnourished and/or have very weak digestion cannot ionize most mineral sources, plant-based or otherwise.  Bamboo salt is the perfect solution, along with fulvic acid.

I'm a strong supporter of USING alternative medicine's manufactured organic acid mineral formulations, but would never use them as HEALING agents... things like  calcium orotate, calcium AEP, magnesium orotate, etc.  In our full detox program, we use a well formulated blend of chelated minerals along with chelation therapy, because it is wise to use a source of minerals that is guaranteed to be cellular bio-available when you are purposefully leaching metals out of the body!

However, the most powerful mineral source is nine times roasted bamboo salt from Korea. It has all the benefits of natural salt, PLUS it is transformed from being slightly oxidative, to being anti-oxidative. Through the process of roasting with clay and bamboo, the salt becomes extremely alkaline, and takes on more of role as a detox agent due to the sulfur absorbed from the bamboo chutes.  Since the salt has been full ionized, it requires NO energy to digest beyond bringing the "water"/carrier to body temperature and proper structure.  We have a book on bamboo salt science in the downloads section.

Beyond this, minerals can and should sometimes be used to accomplish bio-terrain modulating tasks, like flushing acidic waste out of the body. The best example is baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) which has amazing uses for health purposes.  Dr. Schulze likes to call these forms of minerals as "chalk". He dismisses them and discourages their use because they are not bio-available; he favors planted-based minerals exclusively.  However, the fact of the matter is that they are not meant to be bio-available, any more than healing clays are meant to be bio-available. Just because a mineral isn't bio-available to a cell, doesn't mean that it doesn't have value. By "chalks", we're talking about carbonates, and by extension, let's throw bicarbonates into the mix, although the bicarbonates are not really chalk at all.  We're also talking about mineral oxides in general.  These types of minerals have some great uses in the body, even though they are not being used as nutrient minerals.

Most people in the modern world could benefit from using them all, at least for a certain amount of "recovery" time!
When a person is seriously imbalanced (as identified by macro mineral deficiency which shows up in saliva readings (as a acidic fluid), I suggest to use any and all methods to reverse this condition as quickly as possible.

I won't even eat food if this imbalance exists in-body, even if it takes a few days of fasting from solid food to rectify (one can only do this if one has already restored homeostasis for a time).

You can study minerals for years and still not really know "enough".  I know a lot about minerals, and yet there is much more that I don't know or understand. There is always more to explore and learn.

Luckily, as far as restoring normal mineral, pH and fluid balance in the body, the body is pretty intelligent. Give it what it needs in a balanced ratio, and it will take care of the rest in most situations!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 08:34:19 PM by Jason »
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u

• View Profile
Re: Best Source of Minerals? Fulvic Acid? Salt? Clay? Orthomolecular?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 03:21:52 PM »
my understanding it that baking soda is good, because of its alkalinity, so is clay. Would not clay be much better?

• View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 03:53:59 PM »
Hi Marylise:

Yes, baking soda is excellent.  I see this more as a form of medicine than a nutrient.  For example, we have an anti-fungal protocol that utilizes baking soda as well as some other water soluble minerals.  I was amazed at how good baking soda works internally and externally to help eliminate yeast and fungus.

However, shifting the body's pH with only sodium (baking soda is sodium bicarbonate) is not a great way  to put the body back in balance.  Usually, if a person needs to alkalize, then they have imbalances with sodium, calcium, magnesium, and potassium.  With baking soda, you get this really quick spike in pH, and then body "jumps in" to neutralize the excess sodium, because blood pH is very strictly regulated by the body.

When I studied the alkalizing properties of clay, yes, most clays are certainly both alkaline and alkalizing... but not enough to help people quickly restore balance to the "macro" alkaline minerals that the body uses universally.

With clay, what might take nine months to a year, can be done in 30 to 45 days with a complete mineral restoration program.

And, I have occasionally run into someone that has been using clay for years that still has a measurable deficiency in macro alkaline minerals.

Lemon is one of my most favorite alkalizing substances, because it acts as a wonderful liver cleansing agent and is a digestive system aid.  While it "measures" as acidic, the acids in lemon are very beneficial, and it is also loaded with balanced alkalizing minerals.

------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 01:57:27 AM »
cider vinegar would do the same as lemon, may be even better?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 10:05:44 AM »
ACV is excellent, I like to use them together.  ACV is a more powerful digestive aid, but probably not as powerful as a liver cleansing agent.
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project: