Hello

Topic: Biological Dentistry - Holistic and Safe Mercury Removal?  (Read 530 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Biological Dentistry - Holistic and Safe Mercury Removal?
« on: March 29, 2019, 08:36:45 PM »
Over the years, we've had countless of emails from individuals panicked because they start to experience neurological symptoms after mercury removal.

It pains me to say this, but some of them used "holistic" biological dentists, as well. 

Is holistic dentistry better than traditional dentistry when it comes to replacing amalgam fillings?  Absolutely.

But, please, let me be perfectly clear:  There is no way to safely remove a mercury filling from a tooth.

Most people will do just fine.  However, individuals that are already extremely reactive to mercury (do a MELISA or ELISA test), and/or who are in a state of retention toxicity (either kidneys or liver), can react extremely bad to any amalgam removal, and these neurological symptoms can last weeks or months, and can cause a cascading decline in overall health.

It took me quite awhile to figure out what the problem was.  After all, if you look at all of the precautions and methods used by advanced biological and holistic dentists, it looks safe.  It looks like a holistic dentist is taking heroic, herculean steps to remove fillings safely.

They are not to blame, although I will make a second post discussing the ethical considerations that many...if not all... of them ignore.

I was listening to a lecture given by Dr. Christopher Shade, who is one of the top experts on mercury in the country.  I don't even remember what he was saying that triggered my thought process.  I believe he was talking about how mercury coats the throat and esophagus, and how he experimented with using NAC in a mouthwash to bind nascent mercury in-mouth.

It hit me like a hammer... why I've gotten so many emails from people who have had mercury removed properly, yet still run into trouble: 

Cavitation.

Mercury is not just "trapped" in the amalgam filling.  Over time, it slowly leaches out into the surrounding tissue.  In fact, the surrounding GUMS are especially at risk.

As soon as the drill hits the tooth it acts like a sonic hammer, releasing mercury both into the bloodstream, and into the mouth.  This process of liberating mercury into the active metabolism probably continues for around 48 hours.  No amount of suction is going to make a difference.

The amount of mercury that hits the body is probably not significant for a healthy individual.  But for individuals that are already in "detox trouble", it can send the immune system over the edge.

I have some great ideas on how this can be reduced.  However, they are only ideas, and testing them, as far as I'm concerned, would be putting a person at risk.

I still have eight silver-mercury fillings in-mouth.  My personal medical doctor specializes in environmental medicine, and currently believes that if the fillings have already been there for years, it's best to leave them alone.  His opinion is that after a certain number of years, the amount of mercury being released from the amalgams keeps reducing.

Now, I do all sorts of detox to keep my mercury levels low and my immune system non-over-reactive to mercury (I've done ELISA testing to be sure).  I do cilantro, I do garlic, I do clay, I do zeolite, and I do ALA as well as EDTA rounds... ozone rounds... saunas...  So don't let anyone tell you that you can't detox while mercury is in mouth.  It can be done, but it must be done carefully, especially at first.

Based on the correspondences I've had over th e years, if I ever do have to have my own fillings removed, I will remove the teeth.  It is more affordable, it is by far safer, and the only real reason to avoid that in this day and age is vanity.  I've seen mouth problems kill first hand; a simple root canal gone wrong in a tooth that should have simply been pulled, or healed holistically.

Either way, I think that anyone planning on having fillings removed should at least do a 60 day general colon/digestive system detox before getting them removed.  Ideally, Phase 1 and Phase 2 detoxification in the body should also be up-regulated, although for some people, this is not feasible (they can't tolerate the healing foods to up-regulate detox).

Either way, my advice is to be wise and careful.  Just because most people can go through amalgam removal with flying colors doesn't mean everyone can.  Educate and evaluate yourself, because I don't know of any dentists that will explore this with or for you.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 02:35:06 PM by Jason »
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Re: Biological Dentistry - Holistic and Safe Mercury Removal?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 08:53:54 PM »
There is plenty of scientific evidence showing the dangers of amalgams.  However, I do not know of any clinical trials showing the safety of ANY amalgam removal.

Thanks to the World Health Organization Geneva Convention, patients involved in experimental medicine have a right to informed consent.  I interpret this to mean that a person has a right to be told about ***all*** reported results, effects, and side effects*** of said treatment, that have been reported by other patients that have undergone the  same treatment.

Because we're dealing with experimental medicine, the "effect" does not have to be established, it only has to have been reported.  Furthermore, this is the obligation of the medical staff involved, not the patient.  In experimental medicine, it is the doctors job to track down each and every patient, and record the results, as well as any side effects.

Furthermore, this informed consent must be given in writing, with signed acknowledgement.

Because we're dealing with experimental medicine, my interpretation of the rules concludes that a "blanket release of liability", like the kind you have to sign before any surgery, is NOT acceptable or lawful.  The reported effects must be stated and documented exactly as such.

All of that said, I'm not a lawyer.  That's how I see the international law, and it's also how I see that it should be.  Experimental medicine should be legal and available, and it should be done properly to protect all interested parties!

In other words, I'm all for biological dentistry experimenting with alternative ways to remove mercury from the mouth safely, but I also believe that each person should be told in very clear language that a certain percentage of individuals have adverse reactions.
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u