Hello

Topic: Micronized Zeolite - Particle Sizing of Zeolite Available in North America  (Read 539 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
I was told that the FDA forced manufacturing companies in the U.S. to change the micronization process.  The FDA pulled all products off of the shelf several years ago.  As I understand it, the FDA claimed that when you fully micronize zeolite, it liberates too much nascent lead, rendering it bio-active and bio-available, rather than inert.  They may have a point.  A micronization device is just like a highly specialized wet "saw"/grinder.

Currently, if you find a company selling the smallest micronized zeolite particles (some say 5 microns, some say one micron, some say less than one micron), they can market it in the United States ONLY because there is almost no micronized zeolite in their products (an example would be all of those liquid zeolite companies that have close to "homeopathic" levels of zeolite).

The only zeolite that we will use (in North America) has an average particle size of about 10 microns in diameter, with about 1/2 the particles less than 10 microns, and half greater than 10 microns.  All of the particles are smaller than 40 microns.  That means, the largest zeolite particle is about the size of an average (therapeutic clay) particle.

This results in plenty of particles small enough to enter the blood stream, and plenty of particles larger enough to sorpt heavy metals from bile and the digestive tract.

I personally like micronized zeolite with particle sizing less than 5 microns.  This makes the zeolite work very differently than traditional-use clays.  They complement each other very well.

That said, the "best stuff"-- in regards to particle sizing and hence particle activity via surface area-- is available in places like Germany, but the manufacturer refuses to even sell me a sample to play with.  They won't ship to North America or Australia.   I assume this is due to the FDA's previous action and stance.

So, our zeolite is still the best available in North America. Traditional clays (good sources) can be used right out of the ground. Not so with zeolite.  Zeolite is actually rock.  It is dirty and prone to mold contamination.  You have to carefully process, cleanse, and activate the "cages" to get a good end product that is safe and effective for human and animal use.

I did a scientific study comparing the sorption power of this zeolite to traditional-use clays.  The micronized zeolite had at least twice the CEC (pulling power) to all of the other clays that I use.

The other clays have different functions and uses, but as far as sorption, it performed the best by a wide margin.

That said, it is still a good-- but secondary-- healing agent in my toolbox.  I still prefer traditional-use clays as healing agents, and use zeolite but use zeolite as an added agent for detoxification.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 05:08:41 PM by Jason »
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u