Hello

Topic: Micronized Zeolite - Particle Sizing of Zeolite Available in North America  (Read 7889 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
I was told that the FDA forced manufacturing companies in the U.S. to change the micronization process.  The FDA pulled all products off of the shelf several years ago.  As I understand it, the FDA claimed that when you fully micronize zeolite, it liberates too much nascent lead, rendering it bio-active and bio-available, rather than inert.  They may have a point.  A micronization device is just like a highly specialized wet "saw"/grinder.

Currently, if you find a company selling the smallest micronized zeolite particles (some say 5 microns, some say one micron, some say less than one micron), they can market it in the United States ONLY because there is almost no micronized zeolite in their products (an example would be all of those liquid zeolite companies that have close to "homeopathic" levels of zeolite).

The only zeolite that we will use (in North America) has an average particle size of about 10 microns in diameter, with about 1/2 the particles less than 10 microns, and half greater than 10 microns.  All of the particles are smaller than 40 microns.  That means, the largest zeolite particle is about the size of an average (therapeutic clay) particle.

This results in plenty of particles small enough to enter the blood stream, and plenty of particles larger enough to sorpt heavy metals from bile and the digestive tract.

I personally like micronized zeolite with particle sizing less than 5 microns.  This makes the zeolite work very differently than traditional-use clays.  They complement each other very well.

That said, the "best stuff"-- in regards to particle sizing and hence particle activity via surface area-- is available in places like Germany, but the manufacturer refuses to even sell me a sample to play with.  They won't ship to North America or Australia.   I assume this is due to the FDA's previous action and stance.

So, our zeolite is still the best available in North America. Traditional clays (good sources) can be used right out of the ground. Not so with zeolite.  Zeolite is actually rock.  It is dirty and prone to mold contamination.  You have to carefully process, cleanse, and activate the "cages" to get a good end product that is safe and effective for human and animal use.

I did a scientific study comparing the sorption power of this zeolite to traditional-use clays.  The micronized zeolite had at least twice the CEC (pulling power) to all of the other clays that I use.

The other clays have different functions and uses, but as far as sorption, it performed the best by a wide margin.

That said, it is still a good-- but secondary-- healing agent in my toolbox.  I still prefer traditional-use clays as healing agents, and use zeolite but use zeolite as an added agent for detoxification.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 05:08:41 PM by Jason »
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Exploration:  Meditation Program

• View Profile
Re: Micronized Zeolite - Particle Sizing of Zeolite Available in North America
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 11:27:06 PM »
This micronized zeolite powder is getting in under the radar- less than 2 microns. Silica aluminum ratio about 6:1; Si 69.73% and Al 12.06%. Not sold for human consumption.
What do you think?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PF75MMW

• View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
You have to be REALLY careful when it comes to zeolite products.

I actually left a review on that product... always check out the one star reviews at Amazon...LOL

They are misrepresenting the product.  It's NOT TMAZ, nor fully micronized.

If you go to the manufacturer's website, you can get the real specs.
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
Another consideration where Amazon is concerned is the authenticity of the reviews. I discovered "Fakespot" recently and it is incredibly helpful. It won't necessarily speak to the quality of the product but reflects on the integrity of the seller. Check this out: https://www.fakespot.com/product/zeolite-powder-1-pound-ultra-fine-less-than-2-m-clinoptilolite-95-3x-activated-natural-mineral-dust

• View Profile
LOL - that's pretty cool.

I found another micronized zeolite product that looked great.  When I finally tracked down the actual manufacturer, I discovered that all of the information online had not been updated for years.  They used to sell fully micronized zeolite, but just like all of the other companies, they were forced to either stop selling it for human consumption, or change the process.

------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
I think we are ready for an integrity overhaul. With the cost of business as the basis for decision making we keep getting the short end of the stick; maligning holistic/natural cures to protect Big Pharma, shady businesses practices, no one wins in the long run.

• View Profile
...in my many years of exploration in this realm, I've noticed that sometimes the most shady characters latch on to some of the most amazing substances/ideas... lucky, they are not the substance or the idea, but I've seen such people cause a lot of harm.

Greed is such a big and ugly motivator.
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
I'm glad I asked about the Amazon zeolite!
Also a great catch about the fraudulent reviews.
I am interested in your thoughts about TMAZ.

While attempting to find out what TMAZ is, I found another product. https://www.bsynclife.com/product/zeoone-zeolite-powder-tmaz/
It looks like it is claiming to be .9 nanometers=  0.0009 microns- is that even possible?
Whatever TMAZ is, this zeolite claims to be even better- had you seen this one? http://store.augustineapproved.com/dynacol-zeolite-for-people-formerly-tmaz-zeolite    Do you believe that it is better? Maybe since it comes from Australia, it can be.
I am not sure if I should keep looking. I would like to find a good source of micronized zeolite (in smaller quantity) I can purchase or ship to the US that is not homeopathic.
(I see that greenclays is out of stock- is that temporary?)

Neither here nor there, I came across this book about zeolite that looks interesting. It seems to have practical tips. http://www.nikitanaturals.com/australian-zeolite-facts-figures

• View Profile
Greetings!

One thing I'd like to note...  no matter what the "hype" says, a 0.9 micron zeolite particle is DIFFERENT FROM, and NOT better than, a partially micronized zeolite.

There are different classes of colloidal particles, and size range works quite differently in the body differently.  Like I said, I loved the product we used to be able to provide, because it was a full spectrum zeolite.  When I find a TMAZ source that works for me, I will be combining the one I currently use with the TMAZ, I will not be replacing it.

Particles sized at ABOUT 40 microns (like smectites) work best in the digestive tract and on the liver...by far.  The body has an innate awareness of these particles, and they act as a systemic detox catalyst.  I DO NOT see this with any zeolite.  I describe zeolite as a water-hating colloid.  As such, I don't see any powerful field characteristics.  The shape of the smectite particle also offers MANY advantages.

As such, I don't have any real need for zeolite particles in this size range.

Now, next classification is something like Illite, with particles sized around 20 microns, half that of smectite.  More of these make it into the active metabolism.  Illite does a bunch of things that zeolite can't, like rip biofilm to shreds and debride/clean tissue, living or dead.  As such, I don't really have a need for zeolite @ 20 microns.

Getting smaller, down to about 10 microns in diameter:  Very good to pull toxins out of the blood and work on the kidneys.  Here, the particle shape starts to get very important to avoid cytotoxicity.  Zeolite around this particle range has a marketed effect on things like the kidneys, that I have not seen with illite or other colloids in the larger particle size range.  So, I find zeolite sized between 1 - 10 microns very valuable.

Finally, ranged somewhere between 0.1 - 1 micron.  These have potential intra-cellular applications.  Some say they do a far worse job at general detoxification, but do a better job as cellular detoxification.  To my knowledge, this has not been established, but it does make a bit of sense.  These tiny particles will have an overall greater zeta potential in the blood stream.

And this is just stuff that I've noticed, there are bound to be other differences.

The TMAZ 0.9 looks great, as long as it is what it says it is.

If you don't want to spend money on a particle size distribution report, simply get some of our zeolite, and make two zeolite colloids, one with ours and one with theirs.

There is a BIG difference in texture and how they combine with water.  You should easily be able to tell the difference when mixing with water.

The dynocal looks interesting, I've seen it around before.  There is no zeolite source in Australia that I'm aware of that is as good as our core source.

To me, it looks like they reverse engineered the TMAZ process, and found a way around the patent....  but I'm not positive, they don't share enough information.

Given a choice, I would stick with the TMAZ, because massive amounts of research have been done with it in Europe.

Still much more to learn and explore.
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
...oh, wait, did you say .9 NANOMETERS?

No, I can't see that as being anything other than a typo.

If you micronize something that small, I am almost positive it will no longer be any sort of complex crystal, only fragments.
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project: