Hello

Topic: Exercise from a Neurological Perspective - Joint Mobility - Garrett Salpeter  (Read 61 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Here is a video on a simple "work out" routine for the joints, done from a neurological perspective.

The author, Garrett Salpeter, is founder of "Neufit", which is an absolutely amazing e-stim (electromedicine) device (along with specific physical therapy) for muscle strength and recovery.  If you have an opportunity to go to a clinic that has his equipment, it is well worth exploring!  It is quite different from things like tens unit therapy, as you are actually actively engaging the muscles (moving them) while using the e-stim device. 

The unit is first used as a scanner to find the actual cause of the muscle issue.  The electrodes are placed as indicated which removes the guess work of trying to figure out exactly where stimulation would be beneficial.  Results are dramatic and almost immediate, although repeated therapy sessions are usually required.

The difference?  It is all a neurological practice, completely different than trying to over-stimulate/strengthen/wake muscles with electrical current.

While this post isn't specifically about e-stim, I wanted to give some background as to why this gentleman and his work is unique.  And yes, from the video I know and see that he has a forward tilted pelvis and a bit of a bow in his legs.  But he's not your typical personal trainer or muscle head, so ignore all of that!  He's a computer geek that developed an interest in the spacial relationship between the brain, nervous system, muscles, and movement.  :)

In the video below, he teaches a set of very simple joint exercises that works to retrain the brain and central nervous system.  These are "spatial recognition" mobility exercises that correct the brain's' misconception of where in space/time the body actual exists.  They are deceptively easy to do, and can make a profound difference in muscle function due to modulated/corrected neurological function.

I love the difference in his approach to physical therapy.  His unique perspective adds exceptional value, especially for those who are already experiencing neurological challenges!  As we age, we all start to experience neurological, spatial-relationship issues.

This gives me a new perspective on how practices such as Tai Chi and Qi Gong work from a neurological standpoint.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ckhjcA3CVSvF21KAgYkd5sVWHJ8KDU_/view
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 12:27:09 PM by Jason »
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u

• View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Garrett Salpeter Video Interview - Dr. Terry Wahls
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 09:10:49 PM »
Here is an interview with Garrett by Dr. Terry Wahls, in case anyone is interested in his theories on e-stim:

« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 12:27:41 PM by Jason »
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
Re: Exercise from a Neurological Perspective - Joint Mobility
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 11:46:48 AM »
Sounds like an amazing, advanced device, especially for anyone having difficulties with muscle movement, neuropathy, etc. This treatment would also advance performance in athletic ability.  I chucked at Dr Wahls office decor, she obviously believes in good digestion and elimination. 💩 😄    The simple workout routine is great.  I did wonder at first if he was an alien due to his green feet.  🤔.  I then saw towards the end, they were socks with toes.  👍🏻

• View Profile
Re: Exercise from a Neurological Perspective - Joint Mobility
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 12:02:43 PM »
Indeed!

I'm actually going to incorporate the joint exercises into my daily routine. 

I did a simple test with my wrists.  Now, I type a gazillion words a minute (well, I used to, now maybe it's half a gizillion).  Sometimes I can type faster than I  can talk, and it often comes out making much more sense. :)

But, it is hard on the wrists.  To compensate, I use "Qi Gong" Baoding balls, commonly known as Chinese health balls.  I use solid steel ones.

I do piano style exercises for my fingers.  I've lost the use of my right hand due to carpal tunnel syndrome, so I try to take care of the hands.

Even so, doing the joint mobility exercise for the thumb and the wrists was amazingly effective in three or four days.  I did not realize how much my brain was mis-communicating with my wrists, and that my nervous system was compensating for all of the work by reducing what it considers as "full range".

I did not have limited range of motion, but I DID have impaired "move-ability", and it became quickly obvious that I needed some joint restructuring.

It's easy for me to see with my wrists, because I pay attention to them closely.  I'm just going to assume that my wrists aren't the only joints that have an issue. :)

------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
So many are getting carpel tunnel which is probably from the repetitive mouse action. I saw a blip on TV the other day, someone famous got it from taking too many selfies. 🤦‍♀️   I use the microphone on my cell if I need to text.    As a person whose joints hurt, I did notice improvement with taking collagen.  Using the best collagen was a must also... Dr Within, thanks for that tip.  I 'm going to start doing those joint mobility exercises, have to keep ahead of the age and wellness journey..