Hello

Topic: Is there a One Size Fits All Dietary Strategy? What is a Healthy Diet?  (Read 390 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
I've been researching diet and nutrition for several decades.  After pain-staking research, my conclusion is that not everyone should be eating a plant based diet and that there is no "one size fits all" diet everyone should be on in order to be healthy.  There are many, many variables involved in determining what the best eating strategy is for a healthy adult.  There are even more variables if someone is dealing with a chronic illness.

Generally speaking:

About 10% of the current population will thrive amazingly well on a vegetable based diet with little or no animal fat/protein.  Most would need a very careful supplement program for optimal health.  Being a truly healthy vegan -- a thriving vegan-- is extraordinarily hard to do long term.  Here, we have to measure health in decades, not weeks or months!

About 30-40% would do fantastic on a vegetarian type diet with a limited, but measured, animal protein/fat... with lower fat consumption, and high carbohydrates (vegetables and healthy grains).  This is a great way to eat for the "immuno challenged". Dr. Tim O'Shea has done a great deal of work with this type of dietary strategy.

About 30-40% will thrive on a paleolithic diet that is high fat (very specially balanced, not too much animal protein), measured protein, and with an abundance of (mostly raw) organic vegetables (about six to nine cups daily to support a healthy biome).   Dr. Wahls (The Wahls Protocol) has done a great deal of clinical scientific research (real/good science) on this dietary strategy, including clinical trials with multiple sclerosis patients.  This is also the basis for the Eytons' Earth Nutrition and Detoxification Study Program.

Finally, another ~10% will thrive on what I like to call "The single/divorced cave man diet".  What a "man" would eat if living in a cave all by himself with reducing gathering skills/time, but good hunting skills.  Dr. Myhill has done a great deal of clinical scientific research on this way of eating, primarily focused on mitochondrial health.

Now, if a person tries to eat in one of those categories wrongly, it is a recipe for poor health.  Sometimes minor issues, sometimes major ones.

Please keep in mind that anyone on a fast food and processed food diet will do exceedingly well on a Vegan diet, of course.  At least, at first.  It takes many people ten to fifteen years to start to notice negative effects if they've chosen the wrong "healthy eating" strategy.  This is why there is so much confusion in the natural nutrition field!  The same exact thing could be said about eating the microwave-based SAD diet...  It takes years to decades for chronic degeneration to begin to show.

When I developed my program, I spent years and years trying to build a flow chart to figure out which way people  should go.  I had to abandon that idea.  Everyone had a unique flow chart!

What I needed to do was find the right STARTING place for people, and let them explore and discover which is right for them.  Once you find the right starting point, it becomes very easy to make adjustments!

Visit Eytons' Earth to learn more about the upcoming nutrition and detoxification study program: http://www.eytonsearth.org/foundation-nutrition-detox.php.

The "nutritional" portion of the program is a fusion of The Wahls Paleo Plus Diet and the nutritional ideology of Raymond Dextreit, author of "Our Earth, Our Cure."  With both, the operative principle is using food as medicine.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 10:54:56 PM by Jason »
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u

• View Profile
Since I was 20yrs old I've tried many types of diets/ways of eating for a healthier life.  When I was in my late 30's I switched to a vegetarian diet. For 1 1/2yrs, getting non-meat protein for balance in the veg.diet.  Unfortunately, I went into a constant state of anemia.  Dr said, you need red meat, even if its only once a week.  I went back to meat eating, blood work became normal, I felt better. I have many vegan friends, some of which are fighting to be healthy yet won't attach their condition to their diet.  Some are raising children vegan, eating fish, eggs, etc.  Many of the children are constantly getting sick, they're pale and thin.  I respect their choices, have learned to stay clear of some conversations.

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
...like so many things, we as individuals have to consciously train the mind to overcome cognitive dissonance...  We have to be willing to be capable of seeing what is right before our eyes...  if, that is, we truly desire to know what is actually real, true.

Things get complicated enough with relativity and reality... adding ego into the equation turns confusion into blindness. ;)

I absolutely respect an individual's right to live life as he or she desires, with respect to personal choices.
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u