Hello

Topic: The Remarkable Health Benefits of Living at Altitude | Elevation  (Read 14918 times)

• View Profile
    • EndAllDisease
Every week I create a new powerpoint presentation and video, sharing the findings of my research on health. Along with a strong relationship with our creator, health is the most important thing while we are on this earth, so I thought I'd share this exciting work with you about the effects of elevation on health.

Description:
Did you know that living at high altitude on a mountain can reduce your risk of cancer, heart disease, diabetes and ALL diseases? In this episode, we discuss the remarkable health benefits of living or vacationing in the mountains, high up above sea level at elevation. You’ll also learn the mechanism underlying the physiological benefits from altitude on the human body and how you can use this information to improve your health today.

Anyways, would love to hear your thoughts and experiences with living or being at elevation! Were you aware of this info? Let me know what you think below.

"Energy and persistence conquer all things."
- Benjamin Franklin

Checkout my website at: http://www.endAllDisease.com

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Re: The Remarkable Health Benefits of Living at Altitude | Elevation
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 01:09:34 PM »
That's very well done, great presentation!

I didn't realize that Michael Phelps slept in an altitude chamber, I found that very interesting.

And, double the mitochondria in rats with just two months of exposure?  Amazing.

I did not know this. :)

I think I need to convince everyone that I need a one month vacation each year.  There's this high altitude hot springs resort I've always wanted to check out in Colorado.

*sigh* maybe one day!

Thanks for posting.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 01:18:09 PM by Jason »
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u

• View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 01:24:16 PM »
OH, and I spent quite a bit of time at places like Lake Tahoe and Mammoth mountain (skiing) growing up.  I knew I felt great, but I didn't even think about the bio-mechanics of it all.
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 04:04:22 PM »
This kind of flies in the face of the whole EWOT exercise with oxygen therapy rationale.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 06:16:49 PM »
...you get some measurable immediate effects when exercising with oxygen.  It's also great for traumatic brain injuries and for some chronic conditions, but nothing close to the mitochondrial benefit discussed in... what, "high altitude therapy"?
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 08:57:52 PM »
Great and really interesting information, thank you EAD. This info brought up a few thoughts...When airline pilots/stewardesses are exposed to radiation when flying at high altitudes, is that beneficial?  As the plane cabin is pressurized, does their body gain benefit of the 20,000ft they are flying?

• View Profile
    • EndAllDisease
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 03:08:50 PM »
I think I need to convince everyone that I need a one month vacation each year.  There's this high altitude hot springs resort I've always wanted to check out in Colorado.

I hear you!  I've made it my goal to build an earthship high in the mountains somewhere and spend half the year there.
BTW - Even better than hot springs are carbonated hot springs.  For example, Soda springs park in manitou springs, Colorado.
Japanese researchers have found that if you bathe in carbonated water, the CO2 is absorbed into the body like a sponge, somehow it travels right up the gradient and into the body.
- Benjamin Franklin

• View Profile
    • EndAllDisease
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 03:12:20 PM »
...you get some measurable immediate effects when exercising with oxygen.  It's also great for traumatic brain injuries and for some chronic conditions, but nothing close to the mitochondrial benefit discussed in... what, "high altitude therapy"?

According to this line of research, the administration of pure oxygen, whether by oxygen mask or through a hyperbaric chamber, for example, will push CO2 out of the body, and the result will actually be less oxygenation of cells.  It's completely counterintuitive but the more CO2 in the body, the more oxygenation.

In the early 20th century, Russian doctor Konstantin Buteyko found after a lifetime of research that that one single parameter that people who have any chronic degenerative disease have in common is a deficiency of carbon dioxide.
- Benjamin Franklin

• View Profile
    • EndAllDisease
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 03:14:21 PM »
Great and really interesting information, thank you EAD. This info brought up a few thoughts...When airline pilots/stewardesses are exposed to radiation when flying at high altitudes, is that beneficial?  As the plane cabin is pressurized, does their body gain benefit of the 20,000ft they are flying?

When Dr. Ray Peat was asked that question, he replied, "If you could spend your entire life in an airplane you'd be doing pretty well."

Problems with airplanes though include the fact that some are sprayed with pesticides to kill all the critters in between flights.  That can obviously have a negative effect, although the decreased O2 pressure will protect against it.

Also, you asked about radiation.  At that height, the higher intensity of radiation tends to go straight through the body without causing much damage.
- Benjamin Franklin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2019, 04:12:03 PM »
There are many great uses for pure oxygen.  Just one example is for traumatic brain injury.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0079995

HBOT therapy has many benefits.

Another study on breathing pure oxygen:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03268590

Keep in mind that one observation and theory doesn't necessarily prove anything. If you think too narrow minded, you'll not only miss out on important information, but you will also mislead people.

It's not my concern if you miss out on anything, but I won't let misinformation stand on the forum.  Misinformation being something that can be proven to be wrong.  Or even something that is true but is shared in a misleading manner.

Like almost everything (including oxidation and anti-oxidation),  both "opposites" in any system are extremely important, and understanding both (in this case CO2 and Oxygen) can be extremely beneficial.

People who take one side only, usually only have part of the picture.  Like I said, this goes for almost everything:  Hot and cold therapy, ions vs. particles, proton donors vs electron doners...  The list is extensive.

Sometimes, the effect that we're looking for is a hormesis effect.  You're doing something to challenge the body to correct.  As such, many things are catalysts.  Their direct action might be perceived as "negative", but when viewing the whole picture, the end result is therapeutic.  Garlic is a good example.  So is ozone.

Also, soda springs are not better than hot springs. They are just different. 

Artesian hot springs often omit extremely unique scalar-wave forms, and the natural infrared energy is great for both stress and pain.

I'm sure that there are ways to take a CO2 bath (it is a simple gas), but it is very hard to replicate a good hot spring water taken in nature.  I know, I've tried for decades.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 04:37:42 PM by Jason »
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
    • EndAllDisease
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2019, 04:27:28 PM »
Don't try to be so smart that you fool yourself.  It's very common in the health research field.  :)

There are many great uses for pure oxygen.  Just one example is for traumatic brain injury.
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0079995

HBOT therapy has many benefits.

Another study on breathing pure oxygen:
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03268590

Keep in mind that one observation and theory doesn't necessarily prove anything. If you think too narrow minded, you'll not only miss out on important information, but you will also mislead people.

It's not my concern if you miss out on anything, but I won't let misinformation stand on the forum.  Misinformation being something that can be proven to be wrong.  Or even something true but shared in a misleading manner.

Like almost everything (including oxidation and anti-oxidation),  both "opposites" in any system are extremely important, and understanding both (in this case CO2 and Oxygen) can be extremely beneficial.

Also, soda springs are not better than hot springs. They different. 

Artesian hot springs often omit extremely unique scalar-wave forms, and the natural infrared energy is great for both stress and pain.

Thanks for the ego check!  :)  I am very anti-authoritarian myself, but sometimes I suspect at least in writing it may come off differently.

I appreciate the studies on oxygen you shared as well.
It seems there is contradictory evidence when it comes to oxygen administration.

When I was in Toronto driving a bunch of people in a limosine to a concert, one woman who drank too much ended up passing out in the parking lot while we were tailgaiting before the show.  When the paramedics arrived, the woman came to, and then when they administered pure oxygen she passed out again.  To me that's evidence that pure oxygen is not beneficial.

It's my understanding that the haldane effect is what explains it. 
Definition:
"The Haldane effect is a property of hemoglobin first described by John Scott Haldane. Oxygenation of blood in the lungs displaces carbon dioxide from hemoglobin which increases the removal of carbon dioxide."

Here's my hypothesis on all of it at the moment:
If pure oxygen is beneficial, then carbogen (5% CO2 in 95% oxygen) is better.
- Benjamin Franklin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2019, 05:45:15 PM »
No worries.  I spend a lot of time trying to prove myself wrong, it is more important than proving that I am correct.

Being correct is not good enough for me, I need to continue to work until I have an in depth perspective.

BTW:  Just because a lady passed out when given oxygen doesn't mean that oxygen is bad.  That's not actual evidence.  Evidence would be if she passed out, and then the paramedic used oxygen, and then he passed out, then you tried the oxygen, and you passed out.  That would be evidence that oxygen CAN unconsciousness.  Then, you'd need to investigate to find out why.

I did learn a lot about CO2, though, thanks for that.  I might try to combine my favorite clay baths with CO2.  That would be interesting.  Hydrated clay doesn't usually interfere with gasses, so I bet I would be able to do both. :)
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2019, 05:53:24 PM »
No worries.  I spend a lot of time trying to prove myself wrong, it is more important than proving that I am correct.

Being correct is not good enough for me, I need to continue to work until I have an in depth perspective.

BTW:  Just because a lady passed out when given oxygen doesn't mean that oxygen is bad.  That's not actual evidence.  Evidence would be if she passed out, and then the paramedic used oxygen, and then he passed out, then you tried the oxygen, and you passed out.  That would be evidence that oxygen CAN unconsciousness.  Then, you'd need to investigate to find out why.

I did learn a lot about CO2, though, thanks for that.  I might try to combine my favorite clay baths with CO2.  That would be interesting.  Hydrated clay doesn't usually interfere with gasses, so I bet I would be able to do both. :)

Very well!
I used to do clay baths and remember seeing black sludge in the bottom of the bath after.  What a satisfying feeling that was, assuming it's some kind of toxin being pulled from the body.

Question:  How do you prevent the bathtub drain from clogging up after a series of clay baths!?

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2019, 06:24:07 PM »
Hi Mark (keep in mind that if you aren't logged in, the system posts your reply as a "guest", and then it has to be approved before being visible)

The easiest way to make sure you don't clog your plumbing is to mix the clay with hot water in a bucket or something, and make sure that you only pour aqueous clay water into the tub.... no clumps!

Most clays are really slick when fully hydrated, and they will wash down the drain without any problems.  Bentonite has even been used as lubricant in drilling rigs.  The only concern is when you try to wash clay clumps down a drain.
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
Re: CO2 "spa" - Soda Springs at Home - CO2 Generator
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2019, 03:19:39 PM »
I am still fascinated by the idea of creating your own "soda springs".  I've been looking at the available methods to create pure CO2.  There is an actual "Dry CO2 Spa" for sale for an outrageous price.

Instead, I'm thinking of trying to combine, perhaps CO2 therapy with steam therapy using a CO2 generator like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/WuyouChy-Generator-Diffuser-Aquarium-Greenhouse/dp/B07L1VLMP4/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=CO2+generator&qid=1556815834&s=gateway&sr=8-3

I haven't decided for sure, yet.  Any comments are welcome!
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project: