Hello

Topic: Fermented Cabbage Juice and Effective Microorganisms (Dr. Higa's EM-1 Inoculant)  (Read 48409 times)

• Change to survive then adapt to thrive!
    • View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
Fermented cabbage juice is one of the most valuable tools out there to assist the body with digestive system health.  But, it's actually NOT part of our digestive system cleanse and recovery program, nor is it directly a part of our nutritional health and detoxification program.

Why not?  Simply because these projects are set up to require as little prep work as possible, and making fermented cabbage juice, as apposed to simply taking probiotics,  requires a lot of effort.

When I did a program test a few years ago, one of the things that I learned was that people will-- at first-- be all "gung-ho" and excited to do highly involved tasks such as make tinctures, make complex juices, make cabbage juice, ozonated formulations, liposomal formulations... But, the people that would stick with so much work regularly were among the minority.

Our projects here are aimed at "do-ability"...  Things that are highly involved for a short period of time (30 to 120 days), OR things that should be done over the long haul that don't require any more work than a person would otherwise have to do while living a healthy lifestyle.

The idea then is to rotate complex tasking to keep things interesting, and keeping the mind and body from getting lazy.  It has been quite the puzzle figuring out how to combat human entropy.  From a cellular level?  We can use ozone to stimulate full cell respiration (there IS such a thing as cellular laziness!).  From a mental perspective?  We can keep things fresh by rotating tasking and employing creativity.

Cabbage juice is one of those things that I strongly recommend people rotate in and out!

Below are two links to articles on the "why" and "how" of cabbage juice.

In the articles, I only mention the use of EM-1 "effective microorganisms", because the article is not really about EMs.  However, below I'm going to post some more thoughts as to why EM's are so amazing.  Now that Dr. Higa's books are out of print (at least in English), there isn't a great deal of information available, which is saddening to me.  I hope to do more work with them in the future!

Digestive System Benefits of fermented cabbage juice:

http://www.eytonsearth.org/earthcures/fermented-cabbage-juice-a-natural-effective-probiotic-lactobacteria/

Tutorial on how to make fermented cabbage juice:

http://www.eytonsearth.org/earthcures/how-to-make-fermented-cabbage-juice-natural-probiotics/

See the next reply to this post for some thoughts on EM-1.
------------
Change to survive.  Adapt to thrive.
Jason R. Eaton
Author of Upon a Clay Tablet
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:
 Eytons' Earth Foundation: Nutrition & Detox Study Program[/u

• View Profile
    • Earth Cures:  Simple Protocols  || Comprehensive Programs ||  In Depth Discussions
(from Eytons' Earth correspondences):

EM stands for ""Effective Microorganisms". This is a special "blend" of organisms that exist primarily to support the existance/life cycle of one particular phototropic "volcanic" organism. This beautiful purple colored organism consumes substances that we consider toxic, and in return, produces a "waste" that is comprised of "healthy" anti-oxidants that are extremely beneficial for the environment of any "bio-terrain" (including the digestive tract).

This organism was wide spread on the planet before the Earth had an oxygen-based atmosphere.

Dr. Higa does have two English translated books about them, but last time I checked they were out of print.  Used copies have gotten expensive.

Dr. Higa ran into serious blocks with U.S. governmental agencies, and received no support from the EPA... so he eventually gave up trying to get the support of the U.S.

He is, however, extremely highly regarded in many Asian countries, especially Japan.

Whole communities make living "soil balls" and throw them into rivers and lakes to reclaim damaged water systems (due to neglect, mainly industrial pollution). You can find before and after pictures of the difference out there.  Communities literally throw "reclamation" parties where everyone has a great time while working with great success to significantly restore natural water ways.

Sadly, the "Ems" are non-colonizing organisms that aren't well equipped nor designed to live in "our world" (which also makes it non-infectious). The microbial soup/brew has a limited life cycle.

I'm not an expert on EMs, and haven't had the privilege of working with one, lso my knowledge is limited.

My understanding is that EM is very useful for water-environments, soil environments, and human bio-terrain... But if it used in farming, it has to be used every grow season since it won't colonize in soil.

...for health, it won't act as an invading force nor can it become pathogenic, since all of the organisms naturally die off. This means that it has to be used every day for the organisms to do their job if a person is using them for health and healing purposes. They can't be used to directly change the microbial balance of the digestive tract directly, but they can be used to enhance health/healing.

If you are the type of person that is very sensitive to energy, take a raw potato, slice it in half, pour some EM-1 inoculant on the exposed/sliced end, put in a plastic bag, take the air out, and leave it in a dark place for a week or so.

Once you see the purple colored organisms growing, the energy that they emit is amazing, almost awe-inspiring.

EMs are added to ceramics and paint to do things like protect from EMF exposure, and to prevent "sick building syndrome (mixed with paint).

They are highly resistant to heat and toxicity, unlike regular "probiotic" organisms which are highly sensitive to toxic bio-terrains. When the EMs improve the bio-terrain, it makes a more hospitable bio-terrain for healthy organisms, and less hospitable to pathogenic ones.

The EMs are extremely friendly as well. They don't even appear to kill "bad" organisms, they simply start to out-compete them for food, and in this way they can help to reduce population counts of undesirable organisms.

It appears as if modern organisms simply ignore them, and vice-versa... probably because the phototropic organism is so alien/foreign.

They can also be used in natural cleaning products and enhance any environment that they are used in.

Sometimes, I use a special calcium sulfate to clean floors, and I finish off by spraying a 1:1000 solution (EM-1:Purified Water) onto the floor, and simply leave it!
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project:

• View Profile
Questions about EM-1
Do you think these EM-1 organisms help detox heavy metals? I saw a study or two that alluded to metal detox, I think lead and chromium.
Would you recommend them instead of conventional probiotics or in addition?
Would there be specific timing, such as with meals or on empty stomach?
FInally, would you recommend taking the EM-1 straight or using it to ferment other edible things first? (I'm not sure I'm up to fermenting anything right now.)
Thanks.

• View Profile
...I recommend using EMs with probiotics, clay, AND/OR alone at any time.  I even have been known to add EMs to my clay drink.

Some people are scared of them, but my experience is that they are SUPER friendly to highly organized life.  Even when they help with "infectious" conditions, they do so in a non-lethal way, by out-competing other organisms for food, not by actually killing them.

I believe that they can greatly assist detox, but I think that the MOA is more of a mystery.
------------
Jason R. Eaton
Founder of Eytons Earth
Current Project: